diverdeb

Post Keogh family Ballitore

Hi
    I am trying to fill in some blanks on the Irish branch of my tree. My grandfather and his brothers were all born (I think) in or around Ballitore in Co. Kildare. Their father was a Michael Keogh who was married I believe to a Bridget Cleary, but I've no idea when or where they married or of Michael and Bridget's birth/death dates or places. My grandfather was Martin Joseph Keogh born abt 1885, his brothers were
    John Keogh b. 21.01.1875 (emigrated to USA in 1903)
    James Keogh b. abt 1873 - moved to Swindon
    Michael Keogh b. 29.10.1877 - moved to Reading
    Patrick S. Keogh b. abt. 1883 - moved to Reading but then I think he returned to Ireland
    Myles J. Keogh b. 10.10.1879 - moved to Southampton

My grandfather also moved to Swindon where he married my grandmother and where my mother was born. I know a fair bit about them after they came to England but would like to know more about their ancestors back in Ireland if anyone can help me out.

vinkeo

Default Michael and Bridget keogh

hi
    Michael aged 64 and Bridget Keogh aged72 are listed on the 1911 Irish census still in Ballitore they might be my great grandparents. I'm looking for Myles Keogh who left Dublin after my grandmother aged 27 died in 1906. I dont have much information as to where he went. This Myles Keogh is the only one whose death is not registered in Ireland. If you can assist me I would be grateful ane if I can assist you in any way let me know.
    Thanks
    vinkeo

diverdeb

hi Vinkeo
    My apologies for only just checking this thread!! I had given up hope of getting a reply. I have a Myles Keogh (son of Bridget & Michael, born in Ballitore in 1879), moved to England. He married a Katherine Hardie in Southampton in 1910 He died in Southampton in 1941 aged 61. I am descended from one of Myles' brothers - Martin Joesph Keogh, born 1885 in Ballitore - he was my grandfather.