Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mary elms View Post
    OK Sue, I've printed off the questions and am about to start searching so who's going to stop me from winning my second BG prize in a month? ..........

Mary.
    We're up and running Mary. Just had my first entry so you will have to pull out all the stops
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Peep View Post
    This huge volume... relating to the work and life style conditions of the children.
    One of those snippets of information lodged at the back of my brain...

Did you know that most of the bricks that make up the original St Pancras Station were handmade by children under the age of 10?

Jan

Brick wall demolition expert! ChristineR's Avatar

I have hopes that some people have been having a root around via the search button, as there have been a number of contributions to very old threads appearing in New Posts (You didn't look at the date on Rod's posting re Registration Cards, did you Christine )
    nope, obviously not

There is one week left to get your entries in. I've had a few all correct entries, so a ballot will be necessary, but not so many that you won't have a good chance if you send yours in.

Nearly everyone who has entered has commented that they enjoyed doing the quiz and learned a few things they didn't know.

Instructions and questions at the beginning of this thread.
    Sue Mackay

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Peep View Post
    Did we get any new members joining in, Sue?
    Ballot hat at the moment contains china, pearl and gold. Will have to shake with care
    Sue Mackay

Jan1954

Don't miss the closing date!

Quote Originally Posted by mary elms View Post
    OK Sue, I've printed off the questions and am about to start searching so who's going to stop me from winning my second BG prize in a month? ..........

Mary.
    Not me, I have decided to lose out totally and let someone else benefit from Bo Peep's generosity.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

I already have the CD and will be going to WDYTYA helping out on a stall, so I'm not interested in the prizes, but I am going to enter the competition. Sue has put a lot of effort into the competition, and everyone should send in their entries as a way of supporting her and saying 'thank you'.
    'Older' (as in length of membership ) members like myself may know most of the general answers and how to search for the specific 'who killed who' ones, but it's a brilliant way of introducing newer members to a lot of information and 'how to'.
    And thank you Sue, I now know three very interesting details that I didn't know last week.
    Pam

Brick wall demolition expert! ChristineR's Avatar

I am only up to Q13, and I am exhausted!
    and undecided on alternative answers to Q2.

C

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineR View Post
    I am only up to Q13, and I am exhausted!
    and undecided on alternative answers to Q2.

C
    Typical Aussie. No stamina.
    Though I bet you've got Sue worried if she's only got one answer for question 2. I know there's one that's obvious (to me!), but must admit that at the back of my mind there's a little bell warning me that there is another one.
    (A few minutes later - think I've remembered two of the words, but can't find a third that fits. )
    The main thing to remember is that all the answers are contained in either the forum or the Brit-Gen link Sue gave in her first post. If you've found two, give both answers and quote the links. If you've just googled and got 'professional car cleaning' then I think you may assume that that answer is not correct.
    Pam

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast