Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Derek John

Default Info on Sword stick

To all i am trying to find out about the Silver Greyhound, i have a sword stick with a silver greyhound head and a friend of mine told me his father was a silver greyhound but did not know any more but to say it can be handed down to sons.

bayards

Dear Iain

Are you still a member of this website as I have a question for you, if I may?

Howard Pitfield

bayards

Hello

The post referred to is about 2 above my query - Iain Bamber - who was superindendent of the QMs. Thanks

Howard

jvthorsley

Hello Chris
    Rev.Edward Henry Thompsons father Edward Pett Thompson (1802-1870) is my 3rd great grand uncle.
    My cousin Mary Ursula Warren nee Horsley-Smith was researching this line and put me in touch with Linden Wells nee Hebblethwaite who may be closely related to you.
    I also have a copy of a typed document with correctons about the life of Rev.Edward Henry Thompson that discusses his early childhood that you mention and an adventurous voyage to Australia from London. It tell the story of a mutiny onboard the ship, but unfortunately I only have 11 pages of the document and do not know how the story ended. I only know that he did get to Australia and was quite successfull there. There is quite a lot of information about his life on Google.
    I understand from my late cousin Ursula that Linden Wells in Australia has the original letter.
    Look forward to hearing back from you on this.
    James

maxdecatt

Quote Originally Posted by bayards View Post
    Hello

The post referred to is about 2 above my query - Iain Bamber - who was superindendent of the QMs. Thanks

Howard
    I would also like to contact ANYONE that can give me a history of the Messengers in the period 1912 to 1930. My father, I believe, was a messenger in Russia. I have anecdotal evidence of his involvement in carrying diplomatic pouches....using the Trans Siberian Railway....having a silver greyhound. His name was: Clement Leslie CHANDLER (but he also went under the name of: Basil Clement Leeke LEARY-CHANDLER. He was born in 1893. Was educated in Russia and spoke fluent Russian.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12