Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    DAPowell

Mykin,
    I do not have any definitive information that Michael Boomer was decendant from Rene Bulmer. All I have is a couple of sentences in my grand-father's memoirs that states that Michael Boomer was descendant from Rene Bulmer. Thememoirs indicate that Rene Bulmer "fled to Northern Ireland at the time of the Revocation of the Edict of Nantes". I had hoped to make contact with a Paul Kell who seemed to have more information on the Boomers in Ireland and who has posted on this site but he has not responded to my emails. My research has pretty much been concentrated in Canada at this point. I too would like to take the Boomer line back to the Huguenots. Sorry this hasn't helped you much.
    Dave Powell

Jan1954

Maybe the Huguenot Society of Great Britain and Ireland would be able to help you all.

mykin

Hi Dave,
    In a Huguenot book that I am now reading there is a quote "Anecdotes abound about William's journey to the Boyne in 1690, one of the best known being that of his meeting in Lambeg with the Huguenot refugee Rene Bulmer who had settled there and is the ancestor of the Boomer family of Lisburn."

My people were all from the Lisburn and Derriaghy area so this is finally starting to look good.

mykin

THANK YOU Jan1954.
    I had no idea that such a place was in existence. I did read a mention of it in my Huguenot book last night and thought that I would try it anyway. Many thanks

Oh to get to the bottom of this will be loverly.

DAPowell

Mykin,
    I really don't have much beyond Michael Boomer in Caada. Do you know whether he fits into your line? I know he was born in 1810 and his father's name was George Boomer (abt 1781-1844) - George's wife was Mary Knox. Michael was born in Lambeg and educated in Trinity College, Dublin.
    Can you provide more details as to his past?
    Thanks,
    Dave

Janie Wooder

James Alderdice born 1840 Antrim County was my great-great-grandfather. He went from Antrim County to Derry County to a linen town where he married; then had 2 children. Following that he came to Australia in 1869 and produced another nine children including my great-grandmother.
    I've had no success beyond finding his parents' names were John & Jane Alderdice and Jane's former name was Taylor.
    Do these names match anything you have at all?

mykin

Hi Janie,
    I do have a John and Jane Alderdice who married (1849) but John was a Partridge so that would have been their last name. My gr. Grandmother was a Taylor who married a Leckey. Because we both have Alderdices in our family we should keep in touch as there could have been two brothers where (one went to Australia.) The Alderdices that are related to me owned an old inn near Lisburn that is over 300 years old. Did you see any mention of that in your research? It is very difficult finding anything in N.Ireland. In My Huguenot book they believe there are two Huguenots, one came from Scotland and the other was a Huguenot. HELP. We'll just keep on researching.

mykin

Quote Originally Posted by Jan1954 View Post
    Maybe the Huguenot Society of Great Britain and Ireland would be able to help you all.
    I really don't know why they even bothered putting Ireland in their title as everything that is there comes up in England.
    Thank you for your interest and help.

Janie Wooder

Thank you, Mykin, for your reply.
    According to James' marriage entry, his father was John Elderdice, Farmer.
    In that same entry, James' surname was Elderdice; and James had signed with an X.
    Other than that James' death cert stated he was born in Antrim County I have no other clues for Antrim, I'm sorry.
    Cheers,
    Janie Wooder

mykin

Thank you Janie, I will go back on the census with that spelling. James is a common name for sure. Just keep me in mind if you discover anything new, as I will with you.
    Good luck, mykin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast