Thread: Owen Family

keithchambers25

Exclamation Owen Family

I am looking for the Owen family i have found them in the 1881 census but am having trouble tracking the family in other census. Richard Owen married Ellen Jonesin the quarter Oct/Dec in 1871 in the 1881 census they are living in LLanllechid with 6 children. I cannot find them in the 1891 or 1901 census, and Richard and Ellen are not recorded in the 1871 census as a couple even though they had2 children at this time. Catherine one of the children in the 1881 census eventually ends up in Birmingham married to John Whitehead and she dies in 1957. The problem with trying to track Richard Owen is he was born in LLanllechid in about 1844 and there is a male born in the same place in the same year so it is difficult to tell which is the correct individual in the 1851,1861 and 1871 census. Can anyone help please.

Keith

WelshGen

Default Richard Owen

Have you traced both the Richard Owen you found in 1844 or have you just used the first Richard you came across in subsequent census? Is his occupation showing, if it varies then this may help to seperate the two. Quite often father and son followed the same occupation so what were the fathers occupations in 1844?