Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MarkJ

I am looking around as I type - some great ideas there to enhance the site Martin! I may have to look into something similar myself. I clicked on the Headstones link - what a great idea. I have lots of shots of various stones for my own family and that is a neat way to place them all in one location.
    Will continue to nose around on and off over the next day or two - but it has a lot of information there for people connected to your family.

Thanks for showing us the "pre-production" site - it just goes to show what can be done. I had not considered integrating a CMS before...

Cheers,
    Mark

clarke ancestry

Smile TNG intergration into Website

Hi Martin, I also faced the same problem you mentioned in your thread.
    I was using TNG but wanted to created additional content, like history pages, gallery and the like.

I came across Joomla about a year ago (like e107 is a CMS based website), I created a few websites for local clubs and even one for the school I work for using Joomla and liked the ease of use.

I then found that someone had created a bridge between Joomla and TNG which worked - and now I have the best of both worlds.

Keep up the good work on your site, it's a long process but as I have found, very rewarding.

All the best
    Richard
    Last edited by clarke ancestry; 06-09-2008 at 3:32 PM. Reason: I can not spell

MartinM

Hi Richard,

Joomla is another excellent CMS nd the bridge with TNG works very well.

My own site has come a long way since I began this thread, and now resembles the kind of structure I had in mind. I still have much content to add, but that is simply a matter of time and patience during the longer winter evenings I guess.

The problem is that the more we achieve with our sites, the more we want to achieve, hence not only is our research never finished, but our publication and design is never ending also.

I don't know when I find time to play golf!

Regards
    Martin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12