doverrog

Default Hadfield Family of Derbyshire and Yorkshire

Hello I have a notebook which gives information about this family from about 440! onwards. It is hand written and covers the family up to and during WW1.
    If anyone is a descendant of the Hadfields and would like to have this family document then I would be pleased to post it to you in consideration of just the postage cost.

Quote Originally Posted by doverrog View Post
    If anyone is a descendant of the Hadfields and would like to have this family document then I would be pleased to post it to you in consideration of just the postage cost.
    Hello,

I'm very interested in the document you mention because I am a HADFIELD. However, whilst not the commonest surname in the country it is reasonably widespread in Derbyshire/Cheshire/Lancashire/Yorkshire as it originates in the Derbyshire village of Hadfield.

There are details of my own ancestry Here and I would very much like a copy if there is a match. At the same time, though, I wouldn't like to deprive someone else if it relates to their line rather than mine.

Is it possible to post one or two details, e.g. towns/villages where the family lived? That might help identify the closest match so that the book can go to the most appropriate person.

Regards,
    Graham

BeeE586

I too would be interested in details from this book. I have traced my Hadfield/Hatfield line to the late 1600's in DBY Staveley and Chesterfield. Godfrey is a common name in most generations. Godfrey Siddall married Sarah Hadfield in Staveley in 1807 - she is my first Hadfield ancestor.

Eileen

Thanks very much to Doverrog, who sent me the book after I contacted him.

When I received the book I scanned it and put the scans on a CD which I sent to David Hadfield in Australia who runs a free web site dedicated to publishing details of various Hadfield lines HERE.

David has transcribed the book, keeping faith with the way it was originally written (i.e. as one would with a MI) and will supply a copy of the transcript to anyone who submits a request to e-mail address: mamtor (at) bigpond.com

Graham
    Last edited by Jan1954; 05-02-2008 at 5:13 PM. Reason: Email address

johnmcooper

Red face The handwritten list of Hadfields

Quote Originally Posted by doverrog View Post
    Hello I have a notebook which gives information about this family from about 440! onwards. It is hand written and covers the family up to and during WW1.
    I would be very interested to obtain a copy if it is still available please.

Checking David Hadfield's web site I see that he has removed his e-mail address from the specific page but it is still there at the foot the home page Here. The reason will be that David has had to change e-mail address as a result of moving home recently. Drop him a message at that address.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Is this still available?
    I'm related to the family. My Great x 3 Grandad David Ashton married Nancy Hadfield 1815.
    Her Great x 5 Grandad was Capt. Thomas Hadfield 1606 - 74 of Hadfield Old Hall.
    Jacqueline

Welcome to the Brit-Gen forums Jacqueline
    Unfortunately none of people on this thread are still members of Brit-Gen. Also the link to David Hadfield's web site no longer works so we have no way of connecting you to him as we do not keep any details of defunct members.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Famous for offering help & advice

It may or may not be helpful, but there are links to a lot of Hadfield information on this page:

https://www.
    gjh.me.uk/glfamhis/gfh000.htm

There's also a Hadfield surname site at:

https://
    freepages.rootsweb.com/~hadfield/genealogy/

(Links broken in accordance with forum policy)

Thank you for this information arthurk
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs