Thread: HARVEY from IOW

tedwht

Default HARVEY from IOW

Do these families belong to you!!

I recently found these gravestones in a pioneer cemetery near Chatham in Southern Ontario.

In memory of / WILLIAM WHITE/ a native of Kent, Eng/ who departed this life/ March 22 1850/ in the 70 year of his age

In memory of/ HANNNAH/ wife of William White/ who died/ April 1 1870/ aged 88 years

MARY/ wife of / George Harvey/ died/ June 9 1879/ aged 71 years less 37 days/ native of Kent England [she was probably the daughter of the couple above]

GEORGE HARVEY/ died/ 24 Dec 1878/ aged 78ys and 8ms/ a native of Isle of Wight

They have no connection to my family unfortunately. I have digital photos which I would be pleased to send to anyone interested.

Best wishes, Ted White

BRUTNELL

Default George Harvey Isle of Wight

George Harvey 26 SEP 1800 Adgeston, Brading, Hampshire, England died 24 SEPT 1878 maried Mary White 7th MARCH 1827 St Thomas Elgin Ontario.

Georges parents were : William Harvey & Elizabeth Chessell

Mary White born 16 JULY 1808 Rolvenden KENT ENGLAND died 9th JUNE 1879.

lglynda

Default Harvey

Hi

I am related to the Harvey family from I.O.W. You say you have some digital photos would it be possible to send me some please my e mail address is lglyndaATaolDOTcom

thanks

glynda

janeelizabeth

Default George Harvey

Hi

I am a descendant of George Harvey's brother Isaac Harvey ch.1786 in Brading.

George Harvey b.26 Sep 1800 in Adgestone Isle of Wight,and died 24 Dec 1878 in Charing Cross,Kent,Ontario. His wife was Mary White b.16 Jul 1808 in Rolvenden,Kent,England,daughter of William White and Hannah Russell.

George Harvey emigrated to the U.S.A. aged 19,with his sister Sarah and brother-in-law Henry West,and lived in Baltimore,Maryland,for two years,then Pennsylvania until 1825 when he settled in Ontario.

I am very interested in any further information.My e-mail address is:- hanickATliberoDOTit

Regards

Jane
    Last edited by christanel; 03-01-2014 at 10:10 PM. Reason: email address disguised todeter spam

royellyatt

Very interested to find this as my tree had got stuck on Isaac Harvey born IOW 1786, George's brother. If it's OK I would be grateful to have copies of the digital photos.

roy.ellyattATwhichDOTnet

Many Thanks

Roy Ellyatt
    Last edited by christanel; 07-05-2015 at 9:16 AM. Reason: email address disguised to deter spam