Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    robertvkenny

Michael Tiquin, (brother of Frank etc) Son of Patrick And Mary Ann Gannon, married Catherine Condron. They had two daughters, Mary and and Kate. Kate married Paddy Walsh, Crinkle, Birr, she died in late 1950s I think. As a child I can just remember her and Paddy in Crinkle.
    Mary Tiquin married Coyle. Mary was my Grandmother. She died on Good Friday 1977
    Her daughter Margaret (Rita) married Robert (Bob) Kenny (d.1977) (4 Children). Rita died in 2002. Mary, Bob and Rita are all buried in Stony Stratford,Bucks, England. RIP.
    Rita loved genealogy and was a great friend of Lawrie Tiquin from Australia. They corresponded and we met a few times (I have a few pics). I remember meeting Frances (Tiquin-Fleming) in Limerick in the 1970s, and I'm still in touch with her daughter Frances.
    It is VERY sad to see that the last male to carry the Tiquin name in Ireland has now gone. I visited the grave of Thomas Tiquin (Tithe Martyr) at Taylor's Cross on Sunday. Tommy Tiquin (blacksmith) made new iron gates for the graveyard and his name lives on, engraved on the latch! I would be happy to hear from any of my Tiquin relations, and to have news of Lawrie's family.

robertvkenny

Ps I forgot to mention that in the graveyard (which is way out on lonely road!) I met Pat Moylan, former Speaker (Cathaoirleach) of Seanad Eireann, the Irish Upper House of Parliament. His family grave is close by, so we are in good company!!
    Also nearby is the grave of Eliza Pardy (nee Tiquin) who I think was a daughter (or niece) of the tithe martyr... I took a couple of very atmospheric photographs which I will happily send to anyone interested.

locallad27

The Irish Civil Register only began in 1864, but it has Tiquin of Offaly
    Jack
    https://www.familysearch.org/#form=advanced-records
    Last edited by locallad27; 18-01-2012 at 8:41 PM. Reason: more info

Brian Turnbull

robertvkenny. I was very interested in your post 18 Jan 2012. My 2Xgreat grandparents were Patrick Tiquin and Mary Anne Gannon.Their daughter, Mary Anne Tiquin, my great grandmother came to Australia on the "Indus" in 1872. Martin Tiquin married Bridget Ferns and their son James (1817) sailed from Cork on the "Royal Saxon" and arrived in Port Phillip on 17 July 1841. James was a bounty immigrant.
    I would be very interested in any information you may like to share, especially if you have a birth date for Thomas Tiquin. I believe his wife was Marryanne but do not have a family name or any details of children.
    I will post my private email address in the private messages. Brian Turnbull

robertvkenny

Hi Brian, how do I find yr private email??
    Michael Tiquin, brother of Frank & Mary Anne was my maternal Great-Grandfather. So Brian and I both have a great-grandparent from that family.
    Michael was allegedly something of a 'wild man'... He disappeared from the lives of his wife Kate Condron and daughters Mary and Kate. My Grandmother (Mary) always said no-one knew what became of him. I often wonder what did became of him???
    When I get a moment (soon) I am going to do a Facebook photo page for 'my' Tiquins, and some pics of the Tithe Martyr's grave.
    If anyone has any old Tiquin photos they would like to share, please get in touch.

robertvkenny

Sorry - a small correction! The village I mentioned near Birr is called Crinkill, not Crinkle!!!
    Last week I took a photo of myself beside a street water-fountain in Crinkill where I was LAST PHOTOGRAPHED with my sister Catherine-Mary in 1950, when visiting Paddy Walsh and his wife Kate (Tiquin)!

Brian Turnbull

robertvkenny. If you go to thr beginning og the forums page you will see a heading notifications and when you click on the down arrow. inbox will appear and my message should be there. Brian

Brian Turnbull

robertvkenny, I will take the risk and give you my email here:

b_turnbull1091 AT hotmail DOT com

I do not have a facebook account so will not be able to access your information.
    Brian
    Last edited by notanotherminer; 26-01-2012 at 1:45 AM. Reason: disguised email address to protect against spammers

Brian Turnbull

notanotherminer
    Thank you for protecting me. I had reservations about posting it at the time as I have seen warnings before and I thought I was a big boy now!
    Brian

dr.khenn

Default Tiquins of Banagher

I am amazed at how many descendants of the Tiquins have gone to Ireland and to Taylor's Cross and stood in the cemetery there with its monument to Thomas Tiquin the tythe martyr! In reading these posts however, I think that two generations of Tiquins have been collided. I believe the martyr Thomas was an uncle and not a brother to James, the son of Martin and Bridget Ferns. I say this because my great great grandfather was Thomas, son of Martin Tiquin and Bridget Ferns. He was born in Offaly, Kooson, the "Pound Hill," between Birr and Banagher in 1829 and immigrated to the United States in 1852. He was travelling with his sister Bridget, born 1836. Both claimed to have an older brother James Tiquin in "VanDieman's" land, Australia. These two also had at least three sisters who came to New York. Their father, Martin, was also a son of a Martin Tiquin and I believe their grandfather Martin is the brother of the martyr Thomas. Martin Tiquin, the father of Thomas and Bridget in NY, had three wives. His last wife was Mary Margaret Brien and she had a daughter Mary who also came to the United States. My great great grandfather Thomas Tiquin had five sons and three daughters which includes twin sisters. My grandfather William Thomas Tiquin had two children, my mother and my Uncle John. My Uncle John Edward Tiquin died in November of 2011. As far as I know he was the last male named Tiquin of this line. He never married and had no children. It would be interesting to see somewhere in the literature of Thomas Tiquin the tythe martyr some reference to his parents.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast