Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    yodabean6

Brian, I have been away then busy with work so I appoligize for the long delay. I have two different family history charts regarding Patrick Tiquin (Tyquin). Both state that he was born in 1810. Interestingly, neither state that he had a son named John. You noted that there were two Catherines (1848) & (1958), unsure if that was a typo. I only have Catherine listed for (1958). I have Mary Anne dated for birthday (1853) on my second family tree. The way my family history is written, it is a litte fuzzy if Patrick's brother is Martin or James. Anyway Martin's son James went to Australia. James was born in 1822 and married Mary Croake born in 1836. His other brother was Thomas Tiquin the famous Tithe Martre. Unsure of his birthdate but he died in 1837. My grandmother also mentioned a brother who went to South Africa and won a purse of gold from Queen Victoria but I don't have his name. She and her sister Mary Ellen always kept in writing contact with the Austrialian and S. African family. As far as Mary Anne is concerned, her brother Patrick married Sara Tierney and they had 5 kids, her brother Michael married Catherine Condron and they had two children and her brother Francis married Bridget Buckley and had 12 - in which one is my grandmother. I don't have any marital status for the other siblings. I have the names of their children if you would like. I hope this helps. Have you been in contact with any of the Austrailian Tiquins/Tyquins? Did you know there is a road called "Tyquins Road" in Taradale/Kyneton? not sure which part of Austrailia that is I have an excerpt from an Australian paper from 1991 regarding a Tyquin family reunion. All the Tyquins there are related to your family. If you would like any more info I will try to help.

Brian Turnbull

locallad27, from your tip on Ofally war dead I eventually got on to the GRO index for the death certificate. The certificate says he was 21.However a sheet attached to the certificate said he was 54 and gave his parents names, so that confirmed that he was my great grand uncle.Thanks again for the tip.
    Brian

Brian Turnbull

Yodabean6, thanks for your reply.There were in fact 2 Catherine Tiquins children of
    Patrick and Mary Gannon.Catherine (1848) was baptised 12 April 1848 at Banagher Roman Catholic Church, page 59 of the baptism register. Catherine (1858) was baptised 1 June 1858 at Eglish Roman Catholic Church from the baptismal register 1809-1899.My great grandmother Mary Anne was baptised in that church in June 1853. Bridget (1 May 1860) Michael(1 Feb 1855) Thomas 1(Nov 1856) were also baptised in that Church. Fathers name for all was Patrick "Tyquin" mothers name for Briget was M "slamon" but on all others was M Gannon
    I do not have any information on Patricks siblings, although another poster to this site locallad27 believes that one of Patrick's brothers may have gone to South Africa.
    I have been in contact with Lawrie Tiquin in Victoria and I think it is his father who has been doing the research and is going to send me some information.There are 8 Tiquins listed in the telephone book in Victoria, 1 in Queensland and 1 in New South Wales.
    Kyenton is north west of Melbourne in Victoria.
    I have the details on Patrick and Sarah and children as well as Michael and Catherine Condon and their children, as well as Francis and Bridget Buckley snd children, although only from the 1901 and 1911 census.
    Brian

Tierney and children
    Last edited by notanotherminer; 04-04-2011 at 3:54 AM. Reason: shortened blank area at foot of post

Brian Turnbull

locallad27

I have searched the 1901 census for both Banagher and Lusmagh and have not found a Joe Tiquin.
    Brian Turnbull

ninety9RB

Hi yodabean6 - My Great Great Grandfather was also Patrick Tyquin. His son Frank was my Great Grandfather and my Grandmother known as Margaret but we later discovered was really called Letitia was Frank's daughter. My Granny married William McCormack and they had 13 children of which my mother was one - Rynagh. I have only started to take an interest in this along with some of my cousins so if you could point me in the right direction I would be delighted.

yodabean6

ninety9RB it is nice to hear from you. Small world. Your Grandmother Letitia Margaret Tyquin/Tiquin was my grandmothers Sister! My grandmother Elizabeth (Betty) born 1903, used to refer to yours as "Peg". Betty came to the U.S. around 1930 with two sisters Rose 1910 who married Pete Petersen (two children) and Mary Ellen (Nell) 1901 who married Mike Keenan (no children). Betty married Joseph Brady and had one son - Frank, my dad and I am one of three. Not many Tyquin descendants in the U.S. I would be happy to help you with what ever info you are looking for, I have some extensive family tree info so let me know if you want my email. Sincerely, distant cousin.

ninety9RB

Wow - that is great yodabean. My Dad took my Granny Peg (yes you are correct) to Florida to see her sister Rose when my mum died. She was a great lady - and had 13 children! My mum's youngest sister is Elizabeth - named after your grandmother! Some of my cousins and I are trying to link into a Tyquin Family Tree - do you know if there is one somewhere already set up and how can we link in. Obviously there are a lot of cousins still on this side of the water although the Tyquin name is gone now I believe. I haven't worked out what cousin you are to me yet but its great to make contact.

yodabean6

As far as I know there isn't an online family tree. I was given two fairly extensive family tree list, one from Lawrie Tyquin from Australia back in 1991 when he was here visiting,which includes the extensive Australian branch. Another was past to me from my father in 1995 - typed version by some professional. Betty and Mary kept close ties with relatives in Ireland, Australia and South Africa, but unfortunately the connections were gone with them. Several times their sisters would come to visit with her and Aunt Mary - who spent the last 18 years together, I have pictures but not sure who is who. I'm sorry to hear about your mother. Mine died when I was a baby so my grandmother raised me and made sure I knew all about her family. If you are interested in a copy of either tree then go to my inbox on this website and post either a fax # or a mail address and I will send you a copy. Great to hear back. I look forward to learning more.

Brian Turnbull

ninety9 RB, I also note from my tree that Patrick Tiquin and Mary Anne had a son Patrick (1851) who married Sarah Tierney(1846) about 1874. They had a son Frank 1888. I have no children for them.
    Brian Turnbull.

Brian Turnbull

ninety9 RB, it seems my earlier posts have disappeared into the ether. I mentioned that Patrick Tiquin was also my 2X great grandfather. His daughter, Mary Anne,came to Australia in 1872 on "Indus" to Moreton Bay ( now Brisbane).
    I have been in contact with Lawrie Tiquin in Victoria both by mail and phone calls and he has promised to send me a copy of the Tiquin family tree, but in the last 18 months nothing has happened. Best of luck with yours.
    Brian Turnbull

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast