0 0%

0 0%

2 1.92%

5 4.81%

6 5.77%

1 0.96%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Bradford View Post
    My offer to let Bo Peep use my slogan as she sees fit was made for legal reasons.
    As Bo Peep stated quite clearly at the start of her original thread what she wanted to use the slogan for and in what way, I assume that all of us who put forward entries were prepared for her to use the slogan in her advertising. Just wish I could have thought of a snappier one
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Peep View Post
    Sue has made a magnificent job of setting up the poll
    I agree, well done Sue.

uksearch

I wanted this competition to be as open and honest as it could possibly be, and that is why I asked for the slogans to be posted on the open forum.

Sue has made a magnificent job of setting up the poll - I certainly could not have done this, and now you all have the chance to vote for the slogan you like best. One member, one vote (yes, in case you are wondering, like you, I only get one vote) and the winner takes the prize.
    What a shame so few people have voted. Is this some kind of tactical ploy?

UK

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by uksearch View Post
    What a shame so few people have voted. Is this some kind of tactical ploy?

UK
    No. I haven't voted yet because I'm still undecided.
    Pam

tommy166

Lightbulb

Pam, could you pin this thread to top of the forums so everyone sees it when they come in? A lot of the newer recruits may not find it.

Tom

This is important and I do not want anyone to miss the chance of voting for the new B-G slogan, so if it seems to be disappearing, perhaps someone can just nudge it back to the top of the page again.
    Nudge. I wonder if part of the problem is that only those who regularly look at New Posts will see this. Every time I look at Who's On Line there seem to be about 40 members, with the same names cropping up each day. There may only be 100 or so people who use the Forum by looking at New Posts daily. The vast majority of the 12,000 odd people who are registered will probably put a query on concerning their family, watch for a week or so to see if replies come in on that particular forum, and then perhaps only visit again when they receive an e-mail notifying them of a new post on that forum. Is there some facility for an Administrator to send an e-mail to all members asking them to vote, or is that unrealistic with so many members? (not a techie)
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Mutley

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Mackay View Post
    Nudge. I wonder if part of the problem is that only those who regularly look at New Posts will see this. Every time I look at Who's On Line there seem to be about 40 members, with the same names cropping up each day. There may only be 100 or so people who use the Forum by looking at New Posts daily. )
    Pam,
    For those that do not look at new posts what about on the front page underneath the 'Parish Chest News' or 'Welcome' Headings (the newbies find that OK) putting a new Heading. Maybe called something like VOTE NOW! Closing Date .... in red. It could be locked so it does not become a thread just an information note. I don't know if you can link to the Poll.

We know you can fiddle a little bit with the front page

Sunpat

Default Thank you Bo-Peep and Sue

I have enjoyed reading all of the suggestions .
    Hope lots of folk vote for their favourite but it is very hard to choose - it took me ages to decide 'cos they're all jolly good.
    Such a great idea of Bo-Peep's to have a slogan competition and Sue's done extremely well setting up the poll - I regularly check the results to see the voting pattern.
    Sunpat

Mutley

How about this? Is it easier to find now?
    Much better. When I log in, BG takes me straight to the front page and my eye was attracted to the colours of the little poll icon. Hope it's not just me that notices little pictures.

uksearch

The vote doesn't close until the 30th. November, so there is plenty of time.
    The 30th is Friday...no that far off...but you have already tried to rectify the situation.

UK

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast