Loves to help with queries

Default Pool family of Annan Dumfriesshire

I'm looking for the family of Hugh Kerr Pool born abt 1895 in Annan Dumfriesshire. He is the son of William Pool and Anne Jane Kerr and his siblings are Marion A., Margaret J., Annie and John. Hugh married Mary Mercer Wright "Molly" Dow Sep 13, 1925 at the Queens Hotel in Grangemouth. My mother Helen McEwan (ms Smith) Topley was a witness. I'm led to understand Hugh and Molly lived in Sligo Ireland and he was an automotive engineer. I don't know if they had any children.

Robert Pool

Hello Robert
    I'm not home at present so I'll have a look when I get back by Sunday.
    I have a picture of Hugh Pool and his wife Molly.
    Bob

Just chipping in here - thanks for this link, Robert. I had never come across it before. I am descended from John POOL born 1789 in Annan. And strange as it may seem, although I found my dad and his siblings born in the late 1890s, I can't find my earlier ancestors, apart from one marriage; John POOL m Susan HOPE in 1821.
    This is a huge Data Base, it seems strange that there is a whole branch of POOLs missing, has anyone else used this site? Sauchie.

Hello Sauchie
    I was very surprised to get your Pool family related message.
    I was last in this post 4 years ago.
    I hope this email is private so I'm going to put my email address in here.

(Removed by Mod)

I can send you a photo of Hugh Pool plus family group sheets if that is helpful.
    Bob
    Last edited by Lesley Robertson; 08-06-2014 at 3:01 PM. Reason: This is the open forum so I've removed your email address. Please swap contacts via the pm system.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

I'm doing an experiment, and so I apologise to anyone who receives a notification about a further post in this thread only to find it's a mod fiddling around.

I had to pick threads in forums I don't normally post in, and I'm afraid this thread got the short straw in the Dumfriesshire forum.

Off-topic - I love Dumfriesshire, especially the statue of Robert Burns in Dumfries. Could look at that for hours, picking out all the tiny details such as the ribbing in his stockings.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”