Newcapriol

Default The Trubshaw's of Stafford and Weston on Trent

I'm looking for information about the Trubshaw surname in Stafford and Weston on Trent.

My ggg grandfather was George Trubshaw (1787-1852) of Weston on Trent a Stone mason by trade. His wife was Sarah Robinson. They are both buried in St. Andrew's churchyard, Weston on Trent. My gg grandfather was Thomas Trubshaw also a Stone mason. He married Alice Moss in Stoke on Trent in 1851 with whom he had 2 children Ann (1852-1867) and Mary Ellen (1854-?). After the death of Alice my gg grandfather married Sarah Ann Winfield in St. Mary's church, Stafford in 1862. They had 3 children (all born in Gaol Street, Stafford) Louisa Jane (1863-1914), Thomas Henry, my g grandfather (1864-1904) and Sarah Ann (1868-?). After the death of my gg grandfather, Thomas, his widow remarried and the family moved to Leicester, sometime in the 1870's I believe.

I think that my ggg grandfather George Trubshaw may have been a brother of James Trubshaw, the Civil Engineer, who was responsible for the Grosvener Bridge in Chester.

Trubshawinfo

Smile Trubshaws of Weston on Trent

Hi I have info on the Trubshaws. My ggg grandfather is also George of Weston. My gg grandfather is Thomas Trubshaw. I am descended from his daughter Mary Ellen born 1854. Thomas and Alice had three children - Ann (died aged 15) Mary Ellen and George born 1856. Alice died in 1859. I have a great deal of information about the family. You are correct in thinking that George of weston was the brother of James Trubshaw civil engineer. You are also a (very) distant relative of Brian trubshaw the concorde test pilot!

The Trubshaw's are an interesting family. Prior to George of Weston, they include a long line of mason-architects and Staffordshire, Cheshire and Derbyshire are littered with examples of their work.

Post a reply if you would like any more information.

Newcapriol

Hello, Thanks for getting in touch, I knew about Thomas and Alice's two daughters, but not about their son. I would be interested in a data share with you. I have a few photos that may be of interest to you.

I have been told that there was a possibility that Brian Trubshaw was a relative, and I gather one of my mother's cousins once wrote to him about the possibility, but was not able to provide any positive information one way or the other. Do you know when Thomas Trubshaw was born? I have not been able to find any baptismal record so far.

Trubshawinfo

Default Trubshaws of Weston

Hello again
    Thomas Trubshaw is buried in the churchyard at Sandon in Stafforshire. The memorial inscription reads:

In Memoriam
    Thomas Trubshaw December 21 1869 aged 39
    Alice his wife February 19 1859 aged 29
    Ann eldest daughter May 20 1867 aged 15

I have copies of the death certificates for all three and Thomas' date of death agrees on both the certificate and inscription. I have no dob for Thomas as I have not had the opportunity to search the Weston parish records as yet to see if he was born there. I assume from the inscription that he was born 1830.

I would be very interested in photographs as due to family circumstances we only have one photo before my grandparents generation; this is of Mary Ellen.

Newcapriol

I've come across this inscription for Thomas Trubshaw and the date tallies with that recorded in the family Bible. THe family Bible also records that he was 39 years old at the time of his death.

I have also found that of George Trubshaw who is buried in St. Andrew's Churchyard at Weston. He died 26th January 1852 aged 62 which would place his birth around 1790. Unfortunately, gather that no dates of birth are recorded in the Colwich parish registers, but he was baptised on the 16th November 1787. That would make him 65!

Do you know the date of Mary Ellen's death? I would be very interested in seeing a photo of her if you are willing.

Hi did George Trubshaw have a daughter called Sarah born 1813- 1879?