Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waldock-Bimson

Waldock

Question Waldock-Bimson

My ancestor George Waldock married Sarah Bimson at Southill Beds on 28 Nov 1747. Has anyone traced the Bimson line? Have plenty on the Waldocks but drawn a blank on the Bimson family. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Susan

fe_nyx

Hi Susan,

I'm descended from George and Sarah, and am having the same issue tracking down any information for Sarah Bimson. All I have is the marriage details. I can't find a birth for any Sarah Bimson's at all! I wonder if perhaps her name was transcribed wrong in the marriage record, maybe it was meant to be Benson or something similar?
    I see your original post is from years ago, but on the off chance you still use this forum, I thought I'd reply.

Crista

Waldock

Hi Christa

Yes am still hanging in here and still after all this time am no closer to finding anything on Sarah. Am wondering who you are descended from? I have a website with a heap of Waldock info - https://freepages.
    genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~waldock/index.htm.
    Don't upload anything on the living.
    Cheers
    Susan
    Last edited by Jan1954; 26-03-2012 at 6:00 AM. Reason: Url split - there are links to Ancestry

davidcarca

This is the only Bimson entry in Southill parish register. I don't think it's a transcription error, as the transcript made by Bedford Record Office compared the PR with the BT and it's still shown as Bimson. The only other Bimsons in Beds, where virtually all baptisms and marriages pre 1813 have been extracted onto the IGI, were at Potton, less than 8 miles from Southill. The earliest Bimson in Potton was the 1751 marriage of Keiling Bimpson, otp, but he wasn't baptised in Potton. I would be tempted to research laterally with him, on the basis that Keiling is an easier name to research than Sarah! It's a bit of a coincidence that there's a Sarah Bimson marriage in 1747 and a Keiling Bimson marriage in 1751, 8 miles apart, with neither of them seemingly from Beds

David

davidcarca

Susan's link only works if you delete the full stop at the end, after htm

fe_nyx

Hi Susan,

I'm descended from George and Sarah's son George, who also married a Sarah (Blain). Their daughter Sarah b1777 is my 5x great grandmother. She married John Ell in 1808 in Stotfold, Bedford. Later lines ended up moving from the UK to New Zealand.
    I'll have a look at that link you've attached, thank you.

Its frustrating not being able to find a person! And you've been trying for so long, maybe she just isn't meant to be found
    Crista

fe_nyx

Thanks David, I'll look into Keiling Bimpson. Hopefully there is a connection there. You're right, that name should be easier to research, I wish all my ancestors had unusual names, would make it so much easier!
    Crista

Waldock

Hi David and Crista

Thanks David. Will investigate that line - hadn't been real thorough as it is so many generations back and have been trying to locate a couple of later wives and their families that married into the Waldocks.

Crista I wondered if you had descended from the Ell line as I had a query about that family last year and I was just in Christchurch 2 weeks ago. Wanted to walk the Port Hills walk that your ancestor set up but was advised against it.
    Thanks
    Susan

fe_nyx

Ohh, the Harry Ell walk. Its a lovely walk, he did some amazing conservation work up there. I live in Christchurch (AKA Shaky Town!) and I wouldn't have advised going up there with the way things are these days, you were wise not to risk it
    His brother is my direct ancester Archibald Waldock Ell (g-g-grandfather). I've only just started looking into this line, my mothers family, and it was the Waldock in Archibald's name that really got me started. Its so helpful when parents give their children old family names!
    Which of George and Sarah's children are you descended from?

Waldock

I'm descended from George Waldock's brother William Waldock who married Anne Marshall 1786 at Langford. George was the second of 14 children to George and Sarah Bimson. William was the 7th child. George and William seem to be the only ones to become adults. Another brother Robert I haven't found a death for but most of the others were lucky to survive a year except for Richard who was 10 and Elizabeth 5 when she died. Must have been very depressing and sad for George and Sarah.
    My email address is on my website if you want to contact me as can send you a gedcom of the Waldocks or charts that I have - it is an enormouse family as the next generation was just as prolific and most of them survived and had issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast