bwarnerok

Default William Allen - ca 1956

A notation in a hand written family history from summer of 1956, says that "cousin William Allen, who is now in Southampton".

I would like to find any descendants.

His parents were Honora Postance (b: abt 1840 in Ireland - Doon or Cork)
    and John Allen They were married 07 Oct 1865 in Cork.

I don't know when or where William Allen was born. I know nothing about his father. His mother was the only Postance in the family who did not emigrate to the US and thus the only source for possible brick hall demolishing. The family history was written by my g-grandfather when he was 86 years old. I would imagine his cousin was born 1866-1880. I don't know if William Allen had any siblings.

I looked at the listing of phonebooks on a*****.com but I am not familiar enough with the area to even begin to guess which William Allen it might be.

It's one of those times you really wish your relative was named Waldo Fudpucker. :-(

Betsy

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default William Allen Family Update

Quote Originally Posted by bwarnerok View Post
    A notation in a hand written family history from summer of 1956, says that "cousin William Allen, who is now in Southampton".

I would like to find any descendants.

His parents were Honora Postance (b: abt 1840 in Ireland - Doon or Cork)
    and John Allen They were married 07 Oct 1865 in Cork.

I don't know when or where William Allen was born. I know nothing about his father. His mother was the only Postance in the family who did not emigrate to the US and thus the only source for possible brick hall demolishing. The family history was written by my g-grandfather when he was 86 years old. I would imagine his cousin was born 1866-1880. I don't know if William Allen had any siblings.

I looked at the listing of phonebooks on a*****.com but I am not familiar enough with the area to even begin to guess which William Allen it might be.

It's one of those times you really wish your relative was named Waldo Fudpucker. :-(

Betsy
    Aug 28, 2017 at 7:55 pm
    Betsy
    I know you were looking for links to William Allen in Southampton some years ago. I can fill in the gaps for you. I have recently completed a report on the family of John Allen and Hanorah Postance. I am sure you will find it intriguing. I have also brought the current generation together online. I hope you get in touch as you seem to have a relevant link that would be of interest to all. I am happy to send you a copy of my research - please email me at
    adriancreid AT eircom DOT net
    PS my grand-aunt Elizabeth Reid married William James Allen in 1900.
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 28-08-2017 at 4:04 PM. Reason: Email address disguisd to deter spammers

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Adrian,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

Betsy hasn't visited BG for a few months but hopefully she will receive notification that you've posted a reply to her query and will be in touch.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”