Hello all.

My name is Johnny.

I have been researching my lineage for quite a while. I am primarily focused on my CHAPMAN line, but welcome any assistance or inquiries on MILLAR (Scotland), REID, BISHOP, BLIGH and others.

My BLIGH lineage goes back to:
John BLIGH b: in ?, ?, ENGLAND d: Feb 1597/98 in Holdsworthy?, Devon, ENGLAND +Agnes ? b: in ?, ?, ENGLAND m: in ?, ?, England d: in ?, ?, ENGLAND

My relatives had always told me the CHAPMAN story as follows:
Edward Chapman (from ENG) married Elizabeth CHAPMAN (fr ENG) and moved to Murray Harbour, PEI, Canada. The had a bunch of kids...

Well... They were wrong. Edward CHAPMAN was born in PEI, Canada, and married Elizabeth CHAPMAN (her maiden name) born in ENG, but from the US.
I can find no record of their marriage in PEI.

After meeting with some relatives, I stumbled across a few CHAPMAN graves in Murray Harbour North. These proved to be the CHAPMANs that arrived from England. There is a John CHAPMAN (from Cornwall) buried with his wife Margaret MILLAR (Dumfreese, Scotland) and possible son William. Next to them are Henry CHAPMAN, his wife Ellen, and daughter Grace.

John CHAPMAN is the father of Edward CHAPMAN who my family mistakenly thought of as the first PEI CHAPMAN. I attribute this to the success and popularity Edward had with those he socialized with. He seemed to be wealthy enough to contribute to the community in order to build churches, etc. He also moved from Murray Harbour North to Murray Harbour where he fathered 11 children.

His fourth child, John Milton CHAPMAN, was always referred to as "Milton" by my relatives. His last child (second marriage), John W. CHAPMAN, was always referred to as "Jack".

Some of my lineage goes back a ways through BECK and MARFLEET. I hope to trace my CHAPMAN line back to at least the 1600's. My only real clue, is the reference to Cornwall on John CHAPMAN's headstone. I can only calculate his birth from PEI Census data and his headstone.