joan fitzgerald

Thumbs up mawgan in pydar cornwall

looking for any information on the whitakers in st mawgan in pydar from 1700's

Scottie

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by joan fitzgerald View Post
    looking for any information on the whitakers in st mawgan in pydar from 1700's
    Welcome Joan,
    Would that be George Whittaker who married Jane Langdon on the 19th November 1800 in Exeter? If so I have his descendants:

Descendants of George Whittaker

1 George Whittaker b: Abt. 1779 Occupation: Pedlar
    ........ 2 Jane Langdon Whittaker b: 1805 St Mawgan Christening: 28 Apr 1805 St Mawgan
    ........ 2 Isabella Whittaker b: 1807 St Columb Major Christening: 20 May 1807 St Columb Major
    ........ 2 George Whittaker b: 1808 St Columb Major Christening: 08 Jun 1808 St Columb Major d: Bef. 1813 St Columb Major
    ........ 2 Emma Whittaker b: 27 Sep 1811 St Mawgan(Priv Bap) Christening: 26 Dec 1811 St Mawgan d: 20 Jan 1874 London(Southwark) 1851 Census: Rectors Island, Rotherhithe(39)born St Columb
    ........ 2 George Whittaker b: 1813 St Mawgan Christening: 12 Nov 1813 St Mawgan d: Apr 1814 St Mawgan
    ........ 2 George Whittaker b: 1816 St Mawgan Christening: 27 May 1816 St Mawgan
    ........ 2 Mary Whittaker b: 1818 St Mawgan Christening: 20 Jul 1818 St Mawgan
    ........ 2 William Langdon Whittaker b: 1821 St Columb Major Christening: 14 Dec 1821 St Columb Major(Priv Bap)

Should you need it I have Langdon ancestry too.
    Last edited by Scottie; 07-10-2007 at 8:17 AM. Reason: Added information

joan fitzgerald

Default whitakers

thank you so much for your information regarding the witakers my line is with george born 1818 he is my grear great grandfather he married mary ann king their son thomas langdon whitaker had a daughter marion whitaker my grandmother, my mother being ethel. i would certainly love to have the jane langdons ancestry i know her mother was a jane bullock (i hope i am correct). i cannot find anything about the first george whitaker pedlar do you know if he was born in st mawgan or perhaps devon them being married in exeter. on being on the internet i found george 1818 living in grosvenor square st georges hanover square london in1851 then i found a george whitaker born about 1769 also at st georges hanover square london but married to a mary pratt. itake it that its not the same george. i have only just started doing the ancestry so am now to it i notice you are wadebrige i am in bodmin have been in cornwall from london 35 years and didn't know anything about the cornish side of the family. i bought my mother here to live in bodmin for the last 15 years of her life it just seems so odd that she died in cornwall where her family originated from. if you have any more information i would be much obliged. thanking you joan

Scottie

Hi Joan,
    I am emailing the Langdons to you off forum as the amount of information is quite large. Yes the Mother is Jane Bullock and yes I think George must be born in Devon. It should tell you in the 1851 census if you have found him

joan fitzgerald

Default jane langdon etc

thank you very much for the history of the langdons it made good reading the only thing that i could see wrong was that mary ann king george whitakers wife was born in lambeth london in 1844 and not in cornwall i hope i am right on that score thanking you once again joan

uknick26

Default Whitaker

I too am researching the Whitakers from St Columb & st Mawgan in Cornwall - my branch being with George Whitaker & Jane Langdon's youngest son William Whitaker who was born 1821. William was a Mariner & married Maria Silk (b.1826 in Ramsgate).

I would love to receive any further information that anyone is happy to share on this family. I don’t have any info at all on William's parents (George & Jane), but have a lot on his son George (b.1848 in Rotherhithe, London) who emigrated to New Zealand and raised his family there. I am one of his descendants.

Many thanks,
    Nicki

berylwhitaker

Default Whitaker

Quote Originally Posted by uknick26 View Post
    I too am researching the Whitakers from St Columb & st Mawgan in Cornwall - my branch being with George Whitaker & Jane Langdon's youngest son William Whitaker who was born 1821. William was a Mariner & married Maria Silk (b.1826 in Ramsgate).

I would love to receive any further information that anyone is happy to share on this family. I don’t have any info at all on William's parents (George & Jane), but have a lot on his son George (b.1848 in Rotherhithe, London) who emigrated to New Zealand and raised his family there. I am one of his descendants.

Many thanks,
    Nicki
    Hi Nicki
    I saw your Whitaker link on British Genealogy. My husband is also a descendant of William Langdon Whitaker and Maria Silk. His line is through William Silk Whitaker. I have quite a bit of info on the siblings but had nothing on George since 1861 so I was pleased to see that he had emigrated to New Zealand. We live in England but were in NZ in April. I would love to swap info with you.
    Regards Beryl Whitaker

uknick26

Default Whitaker

Hi Beryl,

I was thrilled to see your reply regarding the Whitaker family! I'm from New Zealand but have been living in London with my husband for the last 6 years. Along with a relative from NZ, we've been trying (unsuccessfully until now!) to find out more about George's family back in England and have only recently established the link to his parents William Langdon Whitaker & Maria Silk.

I would love to swap any info you have on the rest of the siblings, and have a lot on George's family to send back in return, perhaps email would be easiest? I'm on: nickijackson26 @ hotmail.com (remove the spaces). I look forward to hearing from you, and thanks again for your reply.

Kind regards,
    Nicki

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Good morning from NZ. I see this post was quite some time ago, so I hope you are still there :-) I too am looking for information on George Whitaker and Jane Langdon. George is my husbands 4th great grandfather through their son, William Langdon Whitaker. Would be greatful for anything you can send me.

Hi Helen and welcome to the Brit-Gen forums.
    Unfortunately all the people who were active on this thread are no longer members of Brit-Gen which is why they have 'Guest: under their member names and we do not keep any information at all on them.
    It is possible you may be able to connect with Nicki if she is still using the same email address she gave in her last post. Worth a try anyway.
    Now that you are here you may want to ask for help and tell us exactly what information you have and what you are wanting to find out.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs