Gil Langfield

Default WORSFIELD?WORSFOLD Family in Lewes

I am looking for information on Richard(?) Worsfield/Worsfold who married (?) Fanny XXX in or about early 1820s and had Richard born about 1825 in Lewes/Brighton, Fanny born Brighton about 1827, Henry born Brighton about 1829 etc.

Default Richard Worsfield

Quote Originally Posted by Gil Langfield View Post
    I am looking for information on Richard(?) Worsfield/Worsfold who married (?) Fanny XXX in or about early 1820s and had Richard born about 1825 in Lewes/Brighton, Fanny born Brighton about 1827, Henry born Brighton about 1829 etc.
    Hi I have found your post and wondered if you are still looking? Richard Worsfield baptised 28 May 1797 in Worth Sussex, married Fanny (Frances) South in 1824. His son Richard was born about 1825 in Brighton and in 1853 he married Elizabeth Pierce. Richard is my 3 x Gt Grandfather.
    Hope that helps Marianne Joy

Gil Langfield

Dear Marianne,
    Thanks for your reply. Do you have references for Richard's birth in Worth and for the marriage to Frances?
    The son, Richard A. Worsfield, was certainly born about 1825 from several Census records.
    Frances only became Frances South after she married Anthony Galloway South in Steyning in 1836. It is very unlikely that she was Frances South before she started having children to Richard Worsfield from 1825 to 1832.
    I have looked for Richard Worsfield's baptism in Worth, Sussex both in the LDS IGI and the Sussex Online Parish Clerks and have not found him. There is a James Worsfeld baptised in Worth in 1797 and a Jenny Worsell in 1792 but that is all.

Hi Gill
    I will look out all I have a bit later. If it is easier my email address is marianne DOT joy AT btinternet DOT com . You may be interested in www.sfhg.org.uk it is about £12.50 a year. It has all the available records for Sussex, Baptisms, Burials and other stuff. Be in touch
    Marianne
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 20-03-2016 at 8:30 PM. Reason: Email address disguised to deter spammers

Hi Gill
    I'm sorry I had not renewed my subscription to Ancestry and decided to do so today, which was when I realised that this was the first part of the tree I had created many years ago and I had made the cardinal sin of copying incorrect records from other trees. I have checked all the Sussex Records and I can find no definitive Baptism for Richard, nor the marriage on my cd, and that probably rules out Surrey as well. Will be in touch if I can find the answer. Apologies for raising your hopes. Kind Regards Marianne