Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Egeria

Perry/Pyrrye - See Family Search.org. Their records for Staffordshire are very good. I am interested in the Perry/Pyrrye family becase they married into the Hardwick Family of Pattingham. Staffordsshire in c1570 at parish church of St Chad. The couple are Thomas Hardwick, bc1540 at Great Moor House, Pattingham - his bride is Elizabeth Pyrrye/Perry bc1555 and died at Lichfield, Staffordshire 1592. Elizabeth Pyrrye is the daughter of Richard Pyrrye/Perry bc1525 and his wife Agnes. My Pyrry information comes from Hardwick Family Pedigrees of previous epochs. The Hardwicks at Great Moor, were well-to-do, their ancestros being the Hardwicks of Hardwick Hall in Ault Hucknall, Chesterfield. The Pyrrye family were also well-to-do. Hope you find this helpful

Loves to help with queries

I have lots of the Perry family in Warminster,Wilts between 1560 and 1719.My connection is Priscilla Perry (1647-1719) who married my 8th GGF Edward Ponting (Ponton) in 1674 in Warminster

Deb525

Hi,
    I had a Joseph Perry born about 1844 in Birmingham who later moved to New Zealand with his family. There seems to be quite a few Perry's in both NZ and Birmingham

jmduke

Default Perry's in Birmingham

Quote Originally Posted by Deb525 View Post
    Hi,
    I had a Joseph Perry born about 1844 in Birmingham who later moved to New Zealand with his family. There seems to be quite a few Perry's in both NZ and Birmingham
    My 3x great grandmother was Mary Perry, b. Aston Juxta Birmingham 1798. She had siblings, but I've no idea whether she might be related to your Joseph. Do you know his parents names?

Deb525

Unfortunately not, Im trying to breakdown that wall at the moment, do you have any Josephs in the family?

jmduke

None that I know of, but I haven't yet researched my Perry lineage beyond my 3xggm. I did a quick check on FamilySearch and found a Joseph Perry born 13 Aug 1844 and baptised 16 June 1846 at St.Phillip's Birmingham - mother Ann Perry, no father's name given. The 1861 census includes a Joseph Perry born Birmingham in 1844 - possibly the same person? If the 1844 birth year of your Joseph is correct, the former might be a good candidate.

Egeria

Dear Deb

I do not have any Josephs. Happy New Year.

Kathleen of Derbyshire, England

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    Hi All, I'm seeking all Perry researchers, all areas within UK and Ireland, time we got our heads together and compared notes.
    I'm waiting for the rush.
    Dear Reynard Hi there, I am one of the searchers seeking Perry family information. My Great Grandparents and Grandparents lived in Monkswearmouth Shore, Sunderland. I have managed to trace back as far as my great grandparents. I have the names and birth dates of my grandfather and his siblings, but I cannot find out anything further on his siblings, there were 7 of them. My Great Grandfather was James Perry and his wife was Margery Fairbairn. My Grandfather was John Perry, born 29 December 1858, he married Elizabeth Douglas born 1861, about 1883. From what I can establish there were 3 or 4 children, names and birth dates I have not been able to establish. John Perry later married Elizabeth Halsall born 1882, in 1905/6 and my father James Perry was born 1908 and his brother Norman Perry born 1910, both in East London, South Africa. I have been working with a Genealogist, but he has also come to a wall and can get no further. The siblings of my Grandfather John Perry are as follows: Sarah A (1856), Margaret (1860), Emily (1862), Charles(1865),Alfred (1870),Mary (1871), Jane (1876). I have no information about any of these, but have old photos of Charles and Alfred, taken in Roker. If you have any information please contact me via email, [email protected]. Thank you.

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums.
    James Perry and Margery Fairbairn were married June 1/4 1854 Sunderland registration district vol 10a page 563. Do you have this certificate? If not buying this certificate would give you their father's names and occupations.
    Their children's births are on the new GRO index which gives the mother's maiden name. Sarah Ann's birth reg 1856 has her mother's maiden name as Faribarn!
    James Perry born Birmingham Warwickshire c1831 occupation in 1861 - cabinet maker. His wife Margery born c1834 Bishopwearmouth Durham

My Grandfather was John Perry, born 29 December 1858, he married Elizabeth Douglas born 1861, about 1883.
    On FreeBMD same page- John Perry and Elizabeth Douglas marriage September 1/4 1884 reg dist. Gateshead vol 10a page 913.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Starting to feel at home

Default PERRY in Wiviliscombe, Somerset

Quote Originally Posted by LEONEA View Post
    hi i have got lots of perry relatives in my tree from ebbw vale going back to somerset if anyone has the perry surname in their tree i might be able to help
    I have Ann PERRY, born abt. 1825-8 Wiviliscombe, died 1883, who married #1 John GREEDY Oct 1845 Wellington reg. distr., then #2 Joseph VICKERY1860 Taunton St James, found in Wiveliscombe 1841 through to 1881. Married, but living with her father in 1851, I haven't found a baptism record for her.

Her father was John PERRY (died Wivilscombe 1870 suposedly 81 y.o.) born Langford Budville perhaps 1785-1789 (but perhaps he born and baptised in 1792?), he's found in Wiveliscombe 1841 to 1861 with wife #1? Ann (abt. 1781 1844 - perhaps Ann SELLICK?), and wife #2? (perhaps not married) Elizabeth-someone (abt 1796 Wiviliscombe -1870).

There were other PERRY families baptising children in Wiviliscombe in the period 1813-1831.
    I haven't been able to sort them out.
    rgds, Barry

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast