Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Golly

Hi Reynard,

I am looking for my grandfather whose name was ALFRED EDWARD PERREY.
    He came from Warrington, Lancashire.
    Born 20 Oct 1871 in ?Warrington, Lancs
    Died 14 Feb 1954 in Pretoria, /south /africa
    Married MARGARET CUTBUSH MEEK in Johannesburg (no date of birth for her or marriage date)
    Issue:
    ROWLAND EDWARD PERREY
    Born 21 May 1910 in Johannesburg, South Africa
    Died 12 Sept 1984 in South Africa
    VEE (PERREY) CHRISTIANE
    Born 18 Nov 1911 in Johannesburg, South Africa
    Died 15 May 2008 in Pretoria, South Africa

The unusual spelling of Perrey only came to light when I was going through my Mothers paperwork and I found an old letter to the BMD office complaining about the mis-spelling.

Hope your research has captured my family. Its very difficult to get information of South African families. Their Archives are almost a no go area.

Regards,
    Golly

cimbom

Default Perry in Shropshire

My Perrys come from Shropshire in the Church Stretton area, Wistanstow, Leamor Common in the 1800's but my 3rd gt grandfather William Perry was born in Leintwardine, Herefordshire and must have been a soldier as on the 1841 and 1851 census in Shropshire it says he was a Chelsea Pensioner and his wife Sarah was born in London, my 2nd gt grandfather Charles was born in London but the family moved back to Herefordshire and then Shropshire, Charles children ended up all over the UK with my line in Manchester but Charles daughter Lucretia married a William Saunders on the Isle Of Wight. Charles married Jane Groves from Hopesay. Well if anyone has any Perry ancestors from these areas I would love to hear from you.

Eric Langley

Default Perry Family of Whitwick and Leicester

I am researching a Perry family that first appears in 1841 Census in Whitwick, Leicestershire:
    George Perry b.1799 not in Leicestershire and wife Mary b.1794 Leicestershire

Had George Perry b.1822 Thringstone/Osgathorpe, Leicestershire marr. Catherine Black b.1825 Osgathorpe.

Had Samuel Perry b.1855 Whitwick, became a tailor, marr. Annie ? and had Harry George Perry b.1889, moved to British Columbia and became Mayor of Prince George and provincial Member of Parliament, d.1959.

George Henry Perry b.1863 Whitwick marr. Mary Ann Hind b.1862 Old Hadford, Nottinghamshire and had Leonard G.W. Perry b.1890 Leicester;Evelyn Violet Perry b.1891 Leicester marr. S.V. Langley and moved to British Columbia; Cecil H.F. Perry b.1897 Leicester; Grace L. Perry b.1900 Leicester.

Grateful for any connecting information.
    Eric Langley
    Courtenay, British Columbia

Jan Bednarz

Thumbs up James Perry

Hi everybody,
    I have just found out in the last week that my James Perry who is the father to my James Perry Exton my great great grandfather never married married James's mother Jane Exton, apparently she married a Henry Kirby Cooley about ten years after my James Perry Exton was born. I would still like to find my James Perry who is still my GGG Grandfather. I also have another name to look up now which is Henry Kirby Cooley.
    Thanks Jan Bednarz

Golly

I cannot find my grandfather ALFRED EDWARD PERREY (note the spelling) from WARRINGTON, LANCS. Born 20 Oct 1871 in WARRINGTON, LANCS.
    Died 14 Feb 1954 in Pretoria, South Africa
    Issue:
    ROWLAND EDWARD PERREY Born 21 May 1910 in JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA
    VEE (PERREY) CHRISTIANE Born 18 Nov 1911 in JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA

Have looked everywhere I can think. Perhaps he was born just out of WARRINGTON.
    He was a piano tuner.

Goria

Norma Hudson

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    I have a number of PERRYs from London if anyone's interested.
    I have a Sophia Perry daughter of Charles Perry (Builder) who in 1854 married Edward John Barnett (Bricklayer) at St James Church, Shoreditch they moved from Shoreditch to Fermoy, Ireland after 1861 cencus.

paul.newell80@n

Hi, i have some Perrys from shropshire/herefordshire. William Perry married a sarah from Middlesex. 1861 census says William was a chelsea pensioner so would be really interested to know any army history of him. I descend from his son Charles Perry who married Janes Groves.

jmduke

Default Canadian Perry

There are Perrys in my family tree as well. William Alfred Perry (1862-1942) married my grand aunt, Sophia Louisa Duke (1864-1947) in Montreal in 1885. Although he was born in Montreal, it seems likely that his father, also named William, came to Canada from somewhere in Britain, but I haven't yet pursued this line of inquiry.

JMD

Famous for offering help & advice

Hi

I have Perry ancestors in Finchingfield in Essex. I also have a cousins husband who has Perrys from Bishops Stortford.

Ben

LEONEA

Wink got lots of them

hi i have got lots of perry relatives in my tree from ebbw vale going back to somerset if anyone has the perry surname in their tree i might be able to help

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast