sama

Smile Research queries

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi i am researching the name MacDonald(isle of Harris) and Longmuir(county of ANGUS) both in Scotland.I would be so grateful if anyone could be of help. Many thanks SAMA.

websterbfc

Quote Originally Posted by sama View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi i am researching the name MacDonald(isle of Harris) and Longmuir(county of ANGUS) both in Scotland.I would be so grateful if anyone could be of help. Many thanks SAMA.
    what sort of help are you after sama?

how far have you got already? are you pre census? have you looked at scotlands people?

Crofter

Hello Sama,

Just come across your thread.

For any information on the Isle of Harris you could do no better than to contact William M Lawson. His website is;....... www.BillLawson.com

What he can't tell you about Harris isn't worth knowing.

The Macdonalds were the Lords of the Isles. They ruled in the Hebridies like kings. Their power was egual to that of the Kings of Scotland, whose power did not run to the Western Isles for hundreds of years.

Any history of Scotland worth its salt would not be complete without the story of the Macdonald clan.

Regards, Donald.
    Last edited by Crofter; 11-11-2008 at 3:58 AM. Reason: Silly spelling mistakes again.