Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    liberty

Smile James Simpon-Lieith Scotland ( Sea Captain)

Hi Helen,
    I very much appreciate your findings and will look forward to checking if any connection with my Simpson Family. Will be intouch. I am still looking for any information about James Simpson who had a daughter called Helen ( Ellen).
    Kind regards

Liberty.

helen64

Hi, Liberty
    I go your message thanks, you are welcome.
    If you give me a little to go on with regards to James Simpson i will try and help you find his wife......and anything else i can

Helen

joette

Now those Youngs are looking like they may have a connection to mine-Newbattle is where my Andrew Young was born & he had a whole swathe of siblings.They were mainly miners & ag labs although he ended up as a gardener & lived to a ripe old age.
    Will plow through what I have & get back.

helen64

Default Ref: Andrew Young

Hello again, i got your message thanks......is your Andrew Young son to David and Marion who lived in Adamsrow in the parish of newton??

If its the same Andrew he has 2 sisters and 1 brother on the 1841 census.

Young David M 55 Coal miner
    Young Marion F 60
    Young Jeanette F 25
    Young John M Coal Miner
    Young Margaret F 23
    Young Andrew M 15 Coal Miner

Living in Adamsrow 1841 I have a picture of the row of houses they lived in at that time......is this what you have????

helen64

Default Ref: Helen Simpson

Hi Liberty,

just had a brain storm!!! if your Helen simpson is the same as mine her mother was called Elizabeth Simpson and her father was not James but Andrew Simpson they were both deceased when Helen Simpson married James Young.......so do you now think that my Helen is not the same one as yours??

Both sets of parents where living in Newbattle.

Helen & James married on 1st Jan 1863

If you gave me more to go on i could maybe find some info for you.

helen64

Default I might have found something

Quote Originally Posted by liberty View Post
    Hi Helen,
    I very much appreciate your findings and will look forward to checking if any connection with my Simpson Family. Will be intouch. I am still looking for any information about James Simpson who had a daughter called Helen ( Ellen).
    Kind regards

Liberty.
    Liberty

Just by sheer accident i was doing some work on my own family history and i have discovered Helen Simpson and James young on a marriage licence for their Son Mr Robert young and Miss Mary Riley in 1876
    Does Helen Have an (S ) in the middle of her name???? If she has i bet you it stands for (Stevenson) not quiet the name you would have thought that would be given to a female.......im itching for you to find something

helen64

Hi Liberty, Have you found anything yet??

Helen

liberty

Default James Simpson/ Helen Lupton

Hello Helen,

thanks for your message, I havent had the much time and dont really think there is anything else I can do unless I go to parish records in Scotland.

I also need to try the Merchant navy records for James Simpson as he was recorded as Sea Captain in 1866 on his daughters marriage certificate. this may give me some information about his wife and where they lived.

Many thanks for your interest

will let you know if I get any further, it does get frustrating and I am very eager about family history, I find it fasinating.

Liberty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12