elorac

Default Pryce family : Llandinam

Is anyone researching the Pryce family of Llandiman and Llanfair Caereinion?
    I am interested in Richard Pryce born 1810, wife Sarah 1810. Daughter Mary Ann Pryce 1847, was my g.g. grandmother. She married William Abraham Jones born in Machynlleth and lived in Llanfair Caereinion. Has anyone met any of these people on their seaches?

janda

Default Pryce Family Llandinam

Mary Ann Pryce's sister, Elizabeth (born 1840 in Llandinam) was my g grandmother. She married John Evans who was born in Llanfair Caeranion in 1837. Their son Ernest Shepton Evans who was born in 1880 in Llanfair wqas my grandfather. Unfortunately I have only managed to go back as far as the 1841 Census regarding Sarah and Richard Pryce. I'd love to hear if you find anything else out.

sarahjane

Smile Pryce family llandinam

Hi guys my family are the Woosnams' of Llandinam. Have you come across Jeremy Pryce and his book Llandinam a glipmse of the past ISBN 0-9544082-0-9. Jeremy is a local historian and he lives in the old smithy where his family have lived for generations. If you have never been to Llandinam or just want to learn more about the history of the village and pictures of locals including Pryces then its worth getting. Its £10 i think Amazon might do it.

Quote Originally Posted by janda View Post
    Mary Ann Pryce's sister, Elizabeth (born 1840 in Llandinam) was my g grandmother. She married John Evans who was born in Llanfair Caeranion in 1837. Their son Ernest Shepton Evans who was born in 1880 in Llanfair wqas my grandfather. Unfortunately I have only managed to go back as far as the 1841 Census regarding Sarah and Richard Pryce. I'd love to hear if you find anything else out.
    Hi there. My name is Elayne Ethelston. My grandfather was Ernest Austin Evans who was Ernest Shepton Evans son. Myself and my Cousin Mark Evans are currently trying to trace John Pryce Evans who was John Evans and Elizabeth (Pryce) Evans first born, so Ernest Shepton Evans much older brother. We have him up to 1871, cant find him in 1881 and think we have in in leicester in 1891 and know he dies not long after that aged 31. Wonder if you know anything regarding John Pryce or indeed any information regarding this family tree would be of much interest to us. Many thanks.

Welcome to the Brit-Gen forums Elayne.
    Unfortunately elorac and janda are no longer members of Brit-Gen as indicated by the word Guest under their usernames.
    I am sure that someone will be along to see if they can help you solve the mystery of John Pryce Evans and his family.

Just to start off and provide some dates this is the 1871 census for your family?
    RG10 piece 5623 folio 53 page 1
    Lanfair Road Lower Pool, Montgomeryshire
    John Evans 34 Labourer Castle Caereinion, Montgomeryshire
    Elizabeth Evans 32 Llandinam, Montgomeryshire
    John Pryce Evans 10 Llanfair Caereinon
    Richard H Evans 7 Welshpool, Montgomeryshire
    Elizabeth J Evans 5 Llanfair, Montgomeryshire,
    Waller W Evans 2 Llandissilio, Montgomeryshire,
    Sarah E Evans 7 Months Welshpool

1881 Piece 3170 folio 25 page 3
    277 Belgrade? Road leicester
    Sarah Bromley 60
    Elizabeth A. Bromley 28
    Lucy A. Bromley 22
    John Pym Evans 20 Lodger Ironmongers assistant, Llanfein, Montgomeryshire
    (John's middle name has been transcribed as Pym on ancestry but the image clearly show it as Pryce

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Was just looking on FreeBMD for the marriage of John Evans and Elizabeth Pryce and ther are two marriage registrations with these names on the same page. Both are in the registration district of Llanfyllin but on is in the Sept 1/4 1859 and the other is the June 1/4 1869. Four different people. a second marriage because the first wasn't legal? A mystery of which to take note.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs