Wilkes_ml

Default John Bremner b. 1853 Cullen or Glenlivet

I am finally writing up my Bremner Family history, and am trying to tie up a few loose ends!

I have gone through the Scottish births and marriages and deaths post-1855 (unfortunately the pre-1855 deaths are yet to go online).

However, I have all of the children born to John Mc. Bean Bremner and his wife Isabella nee Turner who were married 31st December 1853 at Inveravon, Banffshire, except John born about 1853. It is possible that their first son John was born before the marriage, but I can not find him under either surname or spelling variants. Fortunately the second son was born in 1855, so there is extra info provided on birth entry, including the fact that he was the second child.

John's place of birth is given as Cullen or Glenlivet in the census.

Firstly, does anyone know how I can find John's birth (without having to travel 500+ miles to Scotland!!!) ? The online births are not browsable as far as I can see, unlike the English online indexes.

Also, are there baptism registers available separate to the birth registers?

Any information appreciated,

Michelle

Arcot

Default Isabella Turner Clashnoir Chapletown

Hello My Great grandfather s (William John Stuart b apx 1842 at Nether Clashnoir ) and Married to Ann Grant 1869 .His MOTHER was Isabella Turner M to William Stuart blacksmith .No dates yet . I think the dates are wrong for there to be a connection to your Isabella , but area is Very small so there may be a link .Im still searching this line of the STUART family ,im finding it differcult in the Chapletown area, the families are huge and every family has a William Stuart !.A very useful web sight is The Glelivet Project .I have found all the Grants on this sight , it might give you the link you need. The other people that helped me are the Geneaolgy Department in Elgin. Good luck Diane