Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    radnor2

Default Found him

He was interned in a camp in Lancaster in WW1 on release went back to Germany.He divorced Sarah Jane in 1933.
    But I still don't know when or where he died.

A fountain of knowledge

So Gustav Heise comes to Birkenhead....over the river from Liverpool

Death 1896 Richard Gustav Heise aged 57 West Derby (Liverpool) 8b 254

so after studying Liverpool ....West Derby... and Birkenhead bmd records it would appear we have 3 Heise families all within 10 miles of each other..(personally I would think they ARE related).
    3 births for Heise in Liverpool
    10 births in West Derby (Liverpool)
    3 in Birkenhead..twins Ella Millicent and Max Paul in 1903-Julius Paul 1904
    (Julius named after Gustavs father perhaps)
    (note the Paul in both sons...are these Rudolph Gustav PAUL Heise sons ? do you know ?

the oldest Heise is Harriet Heise who dies in Birkenhead in 1908 aged 83..

Harriet Stamp married Henry Heise in Liverpool 1857..(lancashirebmd)..

so I would presume the Heise in this area are related,,,,but you need proof....allan

A fountain of knowledge

my apologies....on reading your thread again , you state Julius Paul is their child...what about the twins b 1903 ?...allan

radnor2

Dear David

Many thanks for your interest. Millicent and Max were the children of Ernest Rudolph Heise and Ella Frances nee Henbrey. Ernest was Gustave's brother.
    They are also a mystery, there are no records of them after the birth of the twins in 1903 until 1921 when they had another daughter in London, Joan Ethel. I think I have found her marriage 1941 Hitchin to Francis Whaley. I will have to get a certificate to verify whether Ernest and Ella were alive then. Ernest would have been my mothers great uncle but she had never heard of the name Heise until I discovered them.
    At the 1911 census Bertha the mother was with Gustave and Sarah in Balls Road, Birkenhead. No mention of Julius, I presume he must have gone back to Germany and died there.
    I have always felt that there would be a connection with other families around but could find no links. There were also some Heises in Brighton.
    Michael

radnor2

Sorry that should have been dear Allan
    Incidentally Sarah Jane adopted the surname of Paul and we all thought that was the family surname until I found the name Heise on my Grandmothers marriage certificate. Gustave and Ernest were both hairdressers.
    Michael

JAP1

Hello radnor2,

Wonder where you found the information in your post at reply #11 ...

Wouldn't it seem likely that Gustav died in Germany?

Have you followed up the HEISE references in the National Archives?

There are some 30 records including:
    NATIONALITY AND NATURALISATION: Heise, Sarah Jane (re-admission), from Germany. Resident in Birkenhead. Certificate AZ3255 issued 27 July 1933.

Best regards,

JAP

JAP1

Sorry, I think that's a much older Sarah who was born in Germany.

JAP

radnor2

Thanks JAP

Yes I realise he would have died in Germany but I would like to know where and when.
    I applied to NA to get the file re her re admission in 1933. It told me that after his release from internment (no dates given) he went back to Germany and worked as an interpreter for the British Forces. Sarah did not hear from him for years until he started writing to her asking for money and for her to go to Germany but she refused. Eventually she had the hairdressers business valued and sent him a third he then divorced her and that was the last anyone heard of him.
    I think the other Heise refs. at NA are relating to other people.

Michael

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

This was all written so long ago that I'm not sure if there is continued interest. I found the entries so fascinating that I had to add what I know. I am a direct descendant of Ella Heise. She was my great grandmother and her daughter, Ella, one of the twins, born in 1903, was my granny. The family of Ernst Rudolf and Ella moved to Ireland. They settled in Dublin. Here they had further children. Ernst, known as Rudolf, was interred or arrested on suspicions of being a spy for Bismark. He continued to be a hairdresser. He was listed as such in the Irish census of 1911.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12