JanGlaschu

Default Milne and Ogilvie, Dunottar and Fordoun

George Milne of Dunottar married Janet Ogilvie of Fordoun in December 1807; they had children:-
    William Milne b. 1809, Fordoun
    Mary Milne b. 1811, Fordoun
    David Milne b. 1813, Fordoun
    James Milne b1816, Fordoun
    George Milne , b.1819, Fordoun

I am descended from son George, but am interested in finding out more about his siblings and parents. George junior was a mason to trade, George senior was a wright in Drumtochty.

Any info appreciated,
    thanks,
    Janet
    Last edited by JanGlaschu; 26-08-2007 at 4:35 PM.

JHelgason

I have the same names in my tree but I haven't gotten that far back in time yet. My ggg grandfather was James Milne married to Ann Ingram on July 20, 1845 in Insch. Their children are: James born Oct.20, 1847, Agnes born Mar 21, 1850 and William Cruikshank Milne born June 12, 1853.
    My gg grandfather James married Jean Galatian or Galashan on Dec.7, 1867 in Premnay, Aberdeen, Scotland. Their children are: James b.Apr 30, 1869 in Premnay, William b. 1871 in Premnay, Robert b. 1875 Durham, England, George b. 1877 Durham, Mary Jane b. 1880 Durham and Jean b. 1887 Durham.
    My g grandfather James Milne married Sarah Jane Fittis. Their children, all born in Durham, are: James b. 1888 , John b. 1889 , George b. 1891, Jean b. 1892 and my grandmother Ethel b. 1900.
    My great aunt Jean Milne married a man with the surname Kneeshaw.
    My grandmother married John Howie Thompson and they emigrated to Canada.
    My g grandparents James and Sarah Jane died at an early age and my grandmother was put into foster care with a family by the name of Wilson. My mother never heard her talk of her brothers but she did correspond with her sister Jean.