caliope

Default Kennersons/Kennisons of Brentford

Hello!

Hoping someone can help....
    I am researching the Kennerson/Kennison (too many variations to list) name which seems to be concentrated around the Brentford area.
    My gg grandfather, George Kennerson, was born about 1835 and married a Joanna Sheehan (of Cork, Ireland) in 1861 (Brentford). His brothers and sisters were William, Catherine, Elizabeth, Edward, Henry, Joseph and possibly John. His mother was Sarah Harris born about 1818 Brentford who probably married William Kennerson 16 Aug 1829 Ealing.

Can anyone advise as to where to look to get William and Sarah's birth certificates? William seems to have disappeared before 1841 as I cannot find him on the census. How would I find a death certificate for him? Would also like to hear from anyone who may be researching this family.

Would appreciate any help/suggestions. Thank you.

Liz

Reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by caliope
    Can anyone advise as to where to look to get William and Sarah's birth certificates? William seems to have disappeared before 1841 as I cannot find him on the census. How would I find a death certificate for him?
    There are no certificates, in the usual genealogical sense, before the start of civil registration.

You'll need parish registers. But the first step must be find the 1829 marriage entry to see whether it contains any clues to help you find their births.

By the way, if they married in 1829, I'd be surprised if Sarah was born in 1818!

caliope

Default Kennerson/Kennison of Brentford

You're right, of course, Peter! I meant to type 1811 for Sarah's birthdate.

Can anyone advise then where I could write to obtain the parish record of the marriage? I got the marriage information from Pallot's Marriage Index so I don't even know the church. It just says it was in Ealing. As I'm in Canada, I'm not sure where I should be looking for this information.

Thanks for your help.

Liz

Reputation beyond repute

You might be as well checking whether the Mormons have filmed them and if so ordering it and viewing it at your nearest mormon place. This is what people tend to do when they're not near a Record Office.

https://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Libr...meset_fhlc.asp

Otherwise I guess the original registers are at the London Metropolitan Archives. Some people think their research service is a bit expensive. You could always look for an independent researcher.

https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/corpo...SearchForm.asp

NB Ealing is in Ealing Borough, Brentford in Hounslow.

caliope

Thank you, Peter, for that information. There is a small LDS church in my city that I can try.

Liz

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Liz. My maiden name is Kennison and I am a descendent of Sarah and Williams son William Henry Kennison.Did you have any luck in your research. I am scratching me head.

First, a very warm welcome to Brit-genealogy

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/inde...952#msg7434952
    The thread opened by a username that includes "rach" - any link?

The presence of "guest" against a poster's name indicates they are no longer a member and no information about them is held (Data Protection). An automatic notice of activity on a thread will be sent to any username against that thread (provided they have opted for this process). The absence of information about a user automatically rules out their being alertd.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"