Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Donnie

Default Major General John Disbrowe

Hi everyone,

I thought i would introduce myself as i am new to posting here, my name is Josh Howes and am interested mainly in the great war but as you see i have taken a new interest in the civil war.

My reason for posting is that i am a pretty direct descendent of MAJOR GENERAL JOHN DISBROWE and as google tells me he was a very important player in his time. I was wondering if anyone has any extra info relating to him EG battle accounts, paintings of him ECT.

Any replies would be gratefully recieved, Thanks Donnie

Raphael

Default General John Disbrowe

Hi!, here is a link to an archivist who has researched and is related to the Mojor.

It appears that you are trying to research back from earlier dates to yourself,
    The best way is so.
    If you have a comprehensive Tree of your family already , with certificates, and general information from your present family, then you can establish a connection if it exists when you get to the Dates related to General John Disbrowe. Further information below, Please note: do not take hearsay or information passed down from Generation to generation, I was supposed to be related to a Marquis, which proved to be completely false, it came from trusted members of my past family, and through the years was enhanced by rumours, and hearsay,
    Best Wishes
    RaphaeUK &Germany

Disbrowe
    Note: This biography was written by the late Harold B. Disbrowe of London, Ontario, a direct descendant of Major-General John Disbrowe, and furnished to us by Harold's great-nephew, Guy Disbrowe, of ...

Donnie

thanks for the reply,

I have already comfirmed that i am related to him and thank you so much for the link to that page, it has opened alot of doors.

Donnie

Clifjade

Oliver Cromwell ' The Lord Protetor' sister, Jane, Married Maj John ( Disbrowe) Desborough.
    One of their sons Valentine Married Jane Corbett.
    One of their daughters Jane Married John Walford
    Forward 3 generations and a Walford Marries a TWEED and Tweed is my grandmothers family.
    I have this lot on ' Walfords of Suffolk and Essex ' on Triibalpages.

- Clifjade

Spangle

I just picked up on the name Disbrow and although my details are scant I thought I'd post them here anyway, in the hope that one day someone might see a connection.

I have in my direct line a Mary Disbrow. All I know of her is that she married in 1709 to a John Eve, in Impington, Cambridge, and they then lived in Chesterton in Cambridge. John was born circa 1680, which may give an indication of the time of Mary's birth.

If anyone ever has an connection with either the Disbrow or Eve families in this area I'd be delighted to hear more.

Procat

Please note that Donnie has not been active on the forum since April 2008 and may not see your replies.

Clifjade

I cant remember now if it was the Cromwells or the Disbrowes but there were relatives of one or the other, on both sides, Roundheads and Royalists in the Civil War, in one case a father and son on opposite sides I believe. The details much to confusing for me to follow with my limited 'family Tree' but somewhere out there on the web is the document in question...

guvmedic

Hello Everyone;
    My name is Guy Disbrowe. I live in Toronto, Canada, and am 14th generation direct decendant of Major General John Disbrowe.
    I have a very detailed Family Tree researched by my Great Uncle Harold Disbrowe, but would enjoy contact with anyone who branches from this tree, at any date. My hope would be to collect and expand the detail this into many branches.
    FYI four son's of the Rev.Henry Sharpe Disbrowe, emigrated to Canada in approx. 1860 and have father a significant branch.
    Anyone wishing to contact me about the Family tree may do so at: guvmedic(AT)yahoo(DOT)ca
    Thank you for your interest, and I look forward to any exchange of information this e-mail generates. Please no spam.

Guy Disbrowe
    Last edited by AdeleE; 28-03-2010 at 1:25 PM. Reason: Email address disguised to foil the spambots

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Post chrissy

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    Hi!, here is a link to an archivist who has researched and is related to the Mojor.

It appears that you are trying to research back from earlier dates to yourself,
    The best way is so.
    If you have a comprehensive Tree of your family already , with certificates, and general information from your present family, then you can establish a connection if it exists when you get to the Dates related to General John Disbrowe. Further information below, Please note: do not take hearsay or information passed down from Generation to generation, I was supposed to be related to a Marquis, which proved to be completely false, it came from trusted members of my past family, and through the years was enhanced by rumours, and hearsay,
    Best Wishes
    RaphaeUK &Germany

Disbrowe
    Note: This biography was written by the late Harold B. Disbrowe of London, Ontario, a direct descendant of Major-General John Disbrowe, and furnished to us by Harold's great-nephew, Guy Disbrowe, of ...
    i bope i a. doing this reply the correct way..i am in Victoria Australia i was born in Tasmania i have just found i have oliver Cromwell and his parents and siblings in my mothers ancestry. Iam excited,shocked, and absolutely find it amazing my children and grand children are as well there telling everyone. i am related through the Walford family line .i would love to hear from you Chrissy

Welcome to the British Genealogy forum, Chrissy. You have replied correctly, but I wonder whether you noticed how old the thread is? If the guy who sent the original message is still using the email address he registered with, he'll get a message that someone has answered it and may reappear.
    In the mean time, have a look round our assorted forums and see if there's anything that looks useful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast