Valued member of Brit-Gen

Default Waters family in Eyemouth

My great uncle, Charlie Hilton Waters b Grt Yarmouth 1891 married Fanny Douglas in Peterhead and they settled in Eyemouth. Fanny was born in Eyemouth, parents Robert Douglas & Margaret Collin.They had 3 children Margaret b 1911 in Hull d 1919 in Coldingham Hospital Berwickshire., Elisabeth b 1813 in Eyemouth and Charlie Hilton b 1914 in Peterhead. I have found they apparently had another son Robert ( must have been after my information ran out!)

Charlie died in R I Edinburgh in 1943.

Any info re the family would be appreciated. I believe all the family has passed on. Apparently Charlie jnr & Robert never married.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Maggie

Quote Originally Posted by perseus View Post
    My great uncle, Charlie Hilton Waters b Grt Yarmouth 1891 married Fanny Douglas in Peterhead and they settled in Eyemouth. Fanny was born in Eyemouth, parents Robert Douglas & Margaret Collin.They had 3 children Margaret b 1911 in Hull d 1919 in Coldingham Hospital Berwickshire., Elisabeth b 1813 in Eyemouth and Charlie Hilton b 1914 in Peterhead. I have found they apparently had another son Robert ( must have been after my information ran out!)

Charlie died in R I Edinburgh in 1943.

Any info re the family would be appreciated. I believe all the family has passed on. Apparently Charlie jnr & Robert never married.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Maggie

I suggest that you go to Scotlands People (see my sticky on General Scottish) and get some of the BMDs or census returns involved here. Their marriage cert will be simple to find, for a start, and you'll make quite quick progress backwards.
    You'll also be able to look for death certs - fortunately the name isn't as commona as some!
    Lesley

Lesley

Default waters

Hi Lesley
    Thanks for your reply.
    I have got information through Scotlands People and have traced Fanny's family back through censuses. I also found the marriage and death of charlie. I guess I was looking more for info after the records we are able to access.
    What I really appreciate is that you can get copies of certificates and censues from ScotlandsPeople. Pity we can't do it for England!!!
    I did get some more recent info from a descendent of Charlie. For the most part they family seem to have stayed in Eyemouth. As his sons didn't marry there are no Waters to follow. However his daughter married and there seem to be quite a few of them!

Thanks again

maggie

Quote Originally Posted by perseus View Post
    Hi Lesley
    Thanks for your reply.
    I have got information through Scotlands People and have traced Fanny's family back through censuses. I also found the marriage and death of charlie. I guess I was looking more for info after the records we are able to access.
    What I really appreciate is that you can get copies of certificates and censues from ScotlandsPeople. Pity we can't do it for England!!!
    I did get some more recent info from a descendent of Charlie. For the most part they family seem to have stayed in Eyemouth. As his sons didn't marry there are no Waters to follow. However his daughter married and there seem to be quite a few of them!

Thanks again

maggie

There's good background info, written at the time, in the Statistical Accounts - full info on the online version is in my sticky in General Scottish about places they lived in. Despit the dry name, they're fascinating.
    Lesley

Default waters

Thanks Lesley. Will have another look!

maggie

A fountain of knowledge

Default eyemouth

hi Perseus,

my family tree has several collin in it going back to 1600-1700 as always in the eyemouth area the 'core ' family names are all mixed in .

crombie (mine) dougal, craig, collin etc .

however when i was tracing the collin line i came across a site called

bob collin (google it )

you might find this of intersest ,if not already discovered .

dean

Default eyemouth

Cheers Dean
    Am about to google!!!

Default eyemouth

Dean
    I googled Bob Collin and found Alexander Collin & Agnes Kerr mentioned though i don't think any of their offspring.

Will do a bit more searching, but thanks so much.