Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Jacqui in Spain

Default Staniforths of Beighton

Has anybody got any of them ???
    I have a John Staniforth c1791 date from 1841 census ( so always iffy) but is there a poss connection with a John Staniforth baptised 1787 son of Stephen 1749 son of Thomas 1721 .....who I also I have my tree.
    My Gt gran was Emily Staniforth 1864 daughter or Joseph and Martha Mitchell (from greasboro) her siblings are Arthur Mitchell c1860, Mary c1865 Joseph c1867 John c1869 William H c1874 her 1/2 siblings are Armstrongs
    Samuel c1877 Sarah Ann c1879 Edward c1882 Leonard 1886
    Leonard I think was adopted/fostered by the Carnalls on Marthas death in 1886 and apart from Arthur (married) and mary (?) the rest went with her on her marriage.
    This isn't my total Staniforth "collection" just the most immediate.
    So any one with a connection or please info
    Shout me
    Thanks
    Jacqui

whatever

Smile staniforths of beighton

Hi Jacqui , Trying to locate a LETTICE STANIFORTH. Although married(Thomas OXLEY 1811) and lived Handsworth belived came from Beighton area. Have you come across her?

BeeE586

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Hi Jacqui , Trying to locate a LETTICE STANIFORTH. Although married(Thomas OXLEY 1811) and lived Handsworth belived came from Beighton area. Have you come across her?
    Hi - does Lettice d Luke baptized 16th June 1787 in Beighton sound about right ? Not my family but I have many Beighton records - it was my birthplace.

Eileen

whatever

Default staniforths of beighton

Hi Eileen, That Lettice sounds like mine. Although no Fathers name given at her marriage a Luke Staniforth was a witness. The other was a Sarah Staniforth. Thankyou for the info.

janbooth

Default STANIFORTHs of Beighton

From Phillimores Marriage Index of Beighton:

27 June 1814 John STANIFORTH & Mary LINLEY
    James STANIFORTH & Martha OATES of Workshop, Notts

13 November 1780 Luke STANIFORTH & Elizabeth OXLEY

28 June 1773 Stephen STANIFORTH & Alice WRAGG

Lots & lots of STANIFORTH marriages in Beighton and given that the ages in the 1841 census records are rounded down to the nearest 5 years, I would think that the baptism of the John you found c1787 is a distinct possibility.

Janet

whatever

Angry Staniforths of Beighton

Quote Originally Posted by BeeE586 View Post
    Hi - does Lettice d Luke baptized 16th June 1787 in Beighton sound about right ? Not my family but I have many Beighton records - it was my birthplace.

Eileen
    Hi Eileen. Sorry got witness names wrong for Lettice's marriage. They were Jane Staniforth & John Widdowson.Dont know where I got others from.! If possible could you check a baptism for me? Her grndson also bapt there Charles Oxley born 1843 Beighton Parish, My 2grt grandfather.Thankyou

BeeE586

Sorry, Whatever, I can't help with that one - my transcript is from the start of the registers c 1650 to 1837, I have only a grave register for the Churchyard later than that.

Eileen

Kazbat

Hi everyone above.
    This is my first time on a forum and I am still working out whats what so please bear with me.
    I am tracing Staniforths from Beighton and I am interested in Janets info about John Staniforth marrying Mary LINLEY in 1814.
    I have found a marriage for John Staniforth b.1791? to Mary TINLEY B.1796 in 1814 at Beighton. Do you think this could be a transcription error.
    This little problem is stopping me going any further with my tree as I do not know for certain which Mary that John married. The children of my John and Mary are Stephen, Elizabeth, Ann, Joseph and Suzanna from the 1841 cencus.
    I am also interested in the info that Janet holds about Beighton as mostly all my people were christened, married and buried there. My family still live in the same house that their relatives lived in back to 1815.
    If anyone can help I would be really pleased
    Thankyou
    Karen.

BeeE586

Karen - if you send me a Private Message with your e-mail address and specific queries, I may be able to help. I have a transcript of the registers, 1650 to 1837, Grave Register for the churchyard and probate documents from 1530 to 1750.

I have family from Beighton - Fenton, Bridgwater, Grey, Atkin, Guest, Binney, Tillotson, Beech - to name but some.

Eileen

I would think that LINLEY is correct. It was a notable Beighton family (also spelled LINDLEY) and I do not recall any TINLEY's. I would love to know which house has been lived in from 1815 !!

omskirk

Plenty of Staniforths on my website for Eckington Register, not that far from Beighton
    www.ridgeway.org.uk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast