Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BeeE586

Karen - message recieved, will do my best.

Eileen

Jacqui in Spain

Whoa long time no see !

Hi to Bee and Omskirk yes I'm still plodding away with my Staniforths .. I never did find Richard Turner

Karen/Kasbat you will soon get the hang of forums.

Beighton Staniforths can't help you on the question of Tinley/ Linley name as I haven't resolved that yet either but will guess at Linley from Philmores being more correct than the IGI.
    Apart from the children you have for John and Mary there are also Charles 1817, John 1820 Peter 1823 Sarah 1825.
    I still haven't managed to find out who Johns parents are as yet..have you had any luck ?

Whatever I can't help with Lettice as I haven't come across her in my tree although seen the name about a few times.

Jacqui

BeeE586

Jacqui - see Private Message

Eileen

Kazbat

Smile Staniforths of Beighton

Hi Jacqui in Spain-we dont need to be in spain this weekend we have our own sunshine-how brill for a change and during school holidays as well aren't we lucky.
    Sunshine outside or not I still can't help but turn on my computer and see if I can go any further with my tree.

I have since found the missing children of John and mary also. I agree with the Linley name and am tentatively looking at fathers being Mary=Peter ?
    and John=John ?. I am also looking at John having a sister Amelia 1793.
    I am not 100% sure the birth of John as I have 1787/1789/1791 all Beighton. Still juggling with all this info. Our paths will more than likely cross somewhere in the tree as there are so many Staniforths.
    Back outside the sun is still shining.

Karen

Pol Dubh

I guess it is very tangential to your interest but there is a road in the district where I live called Staniforth Rd and such rural roads were usually named after a farmer who lived there.

But my (cursory) search has not uncovered anything about the name. I can check in the local library.

Jacqui in Spain

Hi I really should look in more often

Kazbat Amelia 1792 is the daughter of John and Mary Hurt
    her brother John was born 1804 and married Mary Carnall ( Carnell )
    that little line of Staniforths I can take back to about 1560 The John and Mary Hurt line that is. shout if you want more details

I am fairly sure that Amelia is not the sister of the John that married Mary Tinley/ Linley

BEE am I being thick or have I managed to delete a Private message .... you can never be sure with me

I have a feeling that John may be the son of Stephen b 1787 as that seems to be the only one around the right date but the then question is Stephen and WHO
    Last edited by Jacqui in Spain; 17-08-2009 at 4:09 PM. Reason: to call kizbat by her rightful name and to add

Jacqui in Spain

PolDubh

The Staniforths certainly did get about so no doubt the road you know was named after someone from the Beighton line

Karen do check out Omskirk website for the area as it is brilliant .......yes I still tell all and sundry about it

BeeE586

Jacqui - I recently cleared out my PM cache and whatever I sent to you has gone. I'm sorry to say that I now have no idea what I sent !!! Decay of the brain.

Eileen

Jacqui in Spain

Bee my fault not yours ....

I did say I would check back in more often now, that sure teaches me to so! lol

omskirk

www.ridgeway.org.uk for Staniforths etc

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast