Maggie

Default Crellin/Radcliffe of Ballasalla, Malew

I am looking for connections to my Crellin /Radcliffe line. William Crellin (b/ch 1751) married Malew 1773 Catherine Radcliffe (b/ch 1750) Thirteen issue - Anne, John Elinor, William,Robert,Samuel, Isabel, Thomas, James, Jane, Hannah, George and Phillip. My ancestor was George (b1793 Malew -died 1824) who married Anne Birkett in Liverpool in 1816. Four issue, three died in childhood, only surviving child, James Birkett Crellin, migrated to Australia 1848.

Margaret

Lockjawjohn

Default Re: Birkett genealogy

I have several ancestors with the surname of Birkett and I noticed the name Anne Birkett in your post. If possible could you send me some info (whatever you have) on the Birkett family.

Maggie

Default Birkett Family

Quote Originally Posted by Lockjawjohn
    I have several ancestors with the surname of Birkett and I noticed the name Anne Birkett in your post. If possible could you send me some info (whatever you have) on the Birkett family.
    Could you please tell me where your Birketts came from? I'm not sure what area you are interested in.
    Maggie

J Crellin

Hi Margaret,

My name is Jonathan Crellin and I am living in Melbourne Australia. I am a direct descendent of James Birkett Crellin who was my great great grandfather. I am researching my family tree so I would be very interested to hear from you.

Best Regards,

Jonathan

Maggie

Hi, Jonathan,
    James Birkett Crellin and Margaret Mc Auliffe were my great great grand parents and their fifth child, Isabella was my great grand mother. Which of their children are you descended from? Do you have any other information about the Isle of Man or just since he arrived in Australia?
    Margaret

J Crellin

Hi Margaret,
    Thanks for replying. James Birkett Crellin and Margaret Mc Auliffe were also my great grand parents. William Birkett Crellin, their second born and eldest son was my great grandfather. Most of my information is from when James Birkett arrived in Australia and my uncle has in his possession some photos of him and other info. I have a little information on him pre Australia but I am searching for more.

Also, can you confirm for me if your great grand mother's married name was Watterston? I have visited James Birkett's grave in Kerang and have seen this name also on the head stone.

Jonathan

Kellie

Default Descendent of James Birkett Crellin

Hello,

I am also a descendent of James Birkett Crellin and Margaret McAuliffe (they are my great, great, great grandparents).

His daughter Hannah Crellin (my great, great grandmother) married Charles Watterston. (great, great grandfather)

Their son Harold Charles Birkett Watterston is my great grandfather.

Harold's daughter Mary Francis Smith nee Watterston is my grandmother.

I would love to hear or see some information/photos of any person listed above if you have them.

Thanks
    Kellie

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hi Kellie & welcome in, it already sounds like a great Family reunion here. I hope these people get word via emails no matter how long since their posts, & continue a Family Saga.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

d_campbell30

I'll join in too! James Birkett Crellin was my g g grandfather. His daughter Hannah Crellin (married Charles Watterston) was my g grandmother. Their child Norman was my grandfather. I'm very interested in any photos anyone may have, thanks! Donna
    Last edited by notanotherminer; 17-11-2011 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Removed details of living person. Please see our AUP