dee66

Default David Owen/s of Owen Owens

Confusion reigns! My GG David Owen was born in 1896 in Llanllyfni, I have him on the 1901 census with his mother Jane Owen. His marriage cert gives his father's name as Owen Owens (so the 's' has obviously been dropped) but I can't find any record of Jane and Owen together, can anyone help? I have an Owen Owens (b1854) son of Edward Owens of Llanfyllni but don't know if I should commit to him.

Thank you

Anne Brown

Default Owen marriage

Hi,
    Found this marriage on the lancsbmd site. Could they be your David`s parents?

Lancashire Marriage indexes for the years: 1899
    Surname Forename(s) Surname Forename(s) Church / Register Office Registers At Reference
    OWEN Owen W JONES Jane E West Derby, Register Office or Registrar Attended Liverpool REG_WD/177/106

Hope it doesn`t add more confusion!!

Anne

giveover

Hi,

On the 1901 Wales census there is

Jane Owens wife M 37 Carnarvon, Llanllyfini Welsh speaking
    David .. son 5 .. .. ..

Address Fronhuelog

llanllyni coast of Carnarvonshire

civil parish llanllyfni
    Ecclesiastical parish llanllyfni St Rhedyw

Hope this helps

Anne

giveover

Hi

Sorry , ignore last message.

Does the marriage certificate give Owen Owens occupation?

Anne

dee66

Unhappy

David's marriage cert says "deceased" but I can't find any death cert either. The story went that David went to South Wales from N Wales, that his father owned a quarry - but if what I've got so far is the right line then this was not true. I have a marriage cert for an Owen Owens and Jane Thomas, which I believe must be David's parents as address is Fronheulog. Owen is 40 in 1895 on this cert and a Widow but who he was married to before I have no idea - the marriage cert is the only info I can find with his name on.