mick

Default Brandon families

Helping my cousin with her various Brandon ancestors, it soon became clear that during the 1800's most of the towns families intermarried. Over the last couple of years i have started to put together a Brandon "family tree" which so far contains about 3700 individuals and 590 surnames. The starting date is generally mid 1700's and stops at 1901 or when the individual leaves Brandon.
    I am more than happy to supply information on Brandon families where i have it and would be very pleased if people could let me have information on their Brandon families so that i can expand the database.
    regards. Mick

Maeve

Default Brandon Family Suffolk

I am researching the Clarke family mainly in Bildeston Suffolk. I have a Robert Clarke, born abt 1906 place unknown but died in 1977 in Bildeston. His wife was Elizabeth Grimwood, born abt 1904 in Cosford District Suffolk, died in Bildeston 13 Mar 2000. I would be interested to find out if you have any Grimwoods or Clarkes in your tree. Regards Maeve

mick

Hello Maeve.
    I've jusr made a start on the Brandon Clark families and need to sort out if they are different from the Clarkes.Had a quick look on the Cosford database and it seems that Robert Clarke was the son of George Samuel Clarke and Evelyn Rush. George Samuel i think was born early 1880 in the Cosford district . I'll try and find George on the 1881 census too get an idea where his parents came from.
    regards. Mick

Maeve

Hi Mick, thanks for that information as I did not have it. If you wish to see my pitiful file on the Clarke family to date, please send me a private message. Please note, am having problems today with e-mail connection after telephone exchange updated itself - talktalk strikes again. Regards Maeve

Mortlake, London (where the Boat Race ends)

A friend of mine has HART, WILBY, MALT, EAGLE, BIDWELL, NORTON and TALBOT families in her tree, all from Brandon. Would be interested to know if any of these names have cropped up in your research?

Mortlake, London (where the Boat Race ends)

Thanks. Time to email her this page, I think!

mick

Default Brandon families

I do have information on most of these families and will contact you by private message.
    Mick

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Mick,

I'm a newbie on this site and have just seen your offer. I'm now asking for help Do you have a James Turner baptised 1 Mar 1789 in Brandon Suffolk to Samuel Turner and Elizabeth Johnson? Are there any other children to this couple?

With thanks for looking it up,
    Cheers,Sue McKoy