Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ozzy1945

Question OSMAN from Bartley New Forest

Trying to find anyone who can connect to Enos Osman born Abt 1820 in Bartly copythorne new forest. His wife Sarah born Abt 1823.
    Sons --Ernest, Thomas, Walter, Edward and Harvey. I have more information if anyone can connect.

tjyuk

Default OSMAN

The following website may be of some assistance as it gives transcriptions of many of the parishes in Hampshire.

www.knightroots.co.uk

Tracey

ozzy1945

Smile Osmans of new Forest

Thank you Tracey, I will have a look at that and hope it helps me.

tjyuk

Default OSMAN

I also have a number of disks on Hampshire should you require any look ups.

Regards
    Tracey

ossie1982

Default OSMAN Family from Bartley

My great-great-grandfather is Silas Osman, Enos' brother. I have traced the name as far back as William Osman, born 1820 in Eling. If anyone has traced back any further I'd love to hear from you.

tjyuk

Default William Osman

I have located a baptisim for William b1820 Eling 12 Mar 1820 parents John (1) & Hannah.

Siblings:
    John bap 05/02/1809 (born 16/12/1808)
    Elizabeth bap 03/04/1814
    Jane bap 04/08/1816
    Mary Ann bap 29/03/1818
    Thomas bap 04/05/1823
    Frances bap 06/03/1825

Have also located a wedding for John (1) & Hannah Forrester 11/10/1803 Eling Hants.

Bap for John (1) 09/07/1780 Eling (father John (2))

Possible marriage for John (2) Sarah Hinvest 21/10/1779 (the date seems to fit in).

Hope this helps
    Tracey

ossie1982

Talking William Osman

Thanks ever so much for this!

Did you find this information online? I've found out quite a lot through the birth death and marriage records but obviously am starting to hit some dead ends now I'm getting earlier than 1837.

Thanks again for sharing what you've found out!

Michelle

tjyuk

Default Osman Family

Michelle

I am a member of Hampshire Geneology Society so have alot of disks on hampshire so if you require any more looks ups feel free to ask.

Regards
    Tracey

Osman, MJ

Exclamation

Hello,

Im new to all this, but I thought randomly I would take a stab in the dark and see if I can spot my family tree online, when it all started, just wanting to know where the Osman name came from as I've just been to Egypt and everybody thought I was some sort of descendant from God as its a name held in high regard...and I tend to get this where ever I seem to travel to...Turkey, Greece...even Spain!! Very strange.
    But anyway, I saw there was this Thread and saw the name Enos? A very unusual name, but it was the middle name of my Granddad’s, born in and around the 1920's...I think?
    His full name - Douglas Enos Osman and he too went to school in Bartley and lived in Woodlands, Cadnam.
    He had a Brother call Harvey, these names are all names that keep cropping up...also, there seems to be alot of Osman's cropping up lately!!

Who else is out there???

ozzy1945

Talking Osman

Hi,
    I see that your Granddad was Douglas Enos Osman, Harvey was the granddad of my children, their dad being his son Harvey. If you would like more then please get in touch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast