Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ottok

Hi Doug,
    Thank You for the advice which was very helpful, I assumed that Mary Ann had been married before, hence my request for her maiden name, however,I will try to seek out the Charlton boys birth certificate for confirmation, or some kind researcher from this most awesome site might have the answer.
    Regards
    ottok

annrodgers

Hello, My name is Annie, my great grandmother's name was Anne Milburn, born approximately 1884 in england, her father's name was John. His brother is father to Jackie Milburn. If you have done the Milburn family tree, would you be so kind as to pass it on. Anne Milburn married John McQuillan in Ireland, Belfast 1905. I have been tracing the McQuillan, but during the finding of Milburn I asked family members and they are all certain of the link. It was a well known fact in the family, only I did not know. I would love to get to know my english relatives. all the best annie

annrodgers

I was wondering if you could hook me up with the relative of the Milburn's that you spoke to, who set you straight. I am in fact related to Milburn. My great grandmother was Anne Milburn who married John McQuillan in Ireland, 1905 apparently Jackie was her cousin apparently everyone in the family in Ireland knew, I live in Canada so just learning all the scoop. I have no idea where in England she was born or the exact date. I have found a birth but well it is guess work. annie

dave common

ive been doing a lot of research into my family tree resently. i always knew that the great wor jackie milburn was my great uncle but ive started creating a family tree on genebase i dont know if it would be possible for you too access it but if you would like more info on what info i do have email me at [email protected]

moggies

Hi dave,My mother was a milburn,my grandmother was mary alice milburn born in 1898 Rosedale abby,and my great grandfather was John Milburn married Elizabeth Chilvers ,John was a miner in Rosedale abby North Yorkshire,He had come down from Guisborough,my Milburns are also related to Jackie Milburn, Bobby and Jackie Charlton,be intrested in what info you have

moggies

Ann you must be related to the same branch of Milburn as me,I will ring and ask my aunt age 90 in Leeds,she knows more of the family tree than me,her Mother was Esther Jane Milburn born in 1800`s Rosedale abby ,but I know my mam used to say they were from a big family,

The Milburn family were Border Reivers stock www.
    reiverhistory.co.uk I believe from Tynedale and North Tynedale,who married with the Charltons,we are talking of ancient Northumbrian families here from Anglo Saxon stock ,and even earliar from Roman Legions stationed on Hadrians wall,from DNA tests done they were Ancient Sarmatians from the Russian Steppes,some 5000 were posted to guard Hadrians wall and the Antonine wall on the English /Scottish border,in those days the English border went right up to Edinburgh.
    Before the Romans invaded ,we were The Brigantes Tribe ruled by Queen Cartimandua in that area.

Vince Gledhill

Default Milburns

In 1987 I ghost wrote Cissie Charlton's autobiography for her. I had known her since childhood and we were good friends. In the process of writing the book we met often and talked for a long time about her life and family, so if I can help any of you Milburn-Charlton information seekers, I will be happy to help.

Vince Gledhill

vs1959

Default charlton/milburn family

Vince I would love information on the Charlton/Milburn Family, just like a lot of Milburn's I was told that we were related to the footballers Jackie Milburn and Charlton Brothers.

My dad was born James Milburn 1920 in Whitehaven Cumbria, his father was Thomas Milburn, son of John Milburn and Annie Coffle. Well my grandad had a brother called Robert James Milburn, my dad called him Uncle Bob, well apparently Bob used to talk about the Charlton Brothers alot, said they were family, just not sure how!!! even said that they visited him or one of the family in hosptial at some time. i do know we have links to Northumberland, my family ancestors were all miners, but I can not find the link so wondered if any info you might be able to provide would help me. I am related to Annie Rodgers who posted a link on here a while back, we share the same ancestors.

Any help would be great. Thank you. xx

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Gledhill View Post
    In 1987 I ghost wrote Cissie Charlton's autobiography for her. I had known her since childhood and we were good friends. In the process of writing the book we met often and talked for a long time about her life and family, so if I can help any of you Milburn-Charlton information seekers, I will be happy to help.

Vince Gledhill

Vince Gledhill

Default Cis

I hope the following information helps. Cissie's dad, John Milburn was born in Cowden, Northumberland. His father, also John, was married twice. With his first wife, Jane, he had four daughters (Jane, Mary, Margaret, Sarah Jane and Hannah) and three sons (William, John and Thomas George). After Jane died he remarried in 1880. His second wife was Ellen Proudlock. Cissie's dad and grandfather were both coal miners. Her great grandfather was called William Milburn and he was a wool weaver.
    Vince

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Milburn/charlton

Hi, I see there are a lot of posts on here about the Milburn Charlton families. My mums gran was Hannah Milburn the younger sister of the Milburn siblings. I will post the details I have tomorrow. Any other family members who would like to get in touch, I would be pleased to hear from you
    Adrian Elliott

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast