Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by whitbread
    Hi Pam, many thanks for that info about Elizabeth, I have now entered her husband into my tree. I have all of Jekyl's children's in my tree and have most of their partners names except Henry Wilson born 1821 Boston, Sarah Ann Wilson born 1825 and only the surname of Emmas husband which is Julian. If you ever come across these names whilst doing your typing I would be grateful if you would continue to let me know, thanks again, Trevena
    Hi Trevena,
    Yep, will keep a look-out - and Jekyll is certainly easy to spot! Have you found Henry, Sarah, and/or Emma on any census? I can't seem to find them to perhaps get a clue as to when/if they might have married.
    You do need to read the introduction to each registration district to know exactly what has been transcribed. You can download it and then re-order the brides' surnames to make it easier to search for Wilson. I've checked the Boston 1837-1850 section and found Louisa's marriage, but none of the others.
    Pam

whitbread

Default Jekyl Wilson and family

Hi Pam, thanks for doing that for me, yes I have looked on that site and could only find Louise and as it only goes up to 1850 it's probably too early for some of them to have gotten married perhaps? Well I'll keep going, looking for the other branch of the family now. Trevena

whitbread

Default Thomas Wilson

Hi Pam just wondering if you have any way of checking a marriage for me. This person is related to Charlotte Wilson, Jekyl's daughter, great uncle or something. Thomas Wilson born 25 May 179 in Moulton of James Wilson and Elizabeth Dawson. I really would love to find out who he married as the lady I had down for him an Elizabeth Jackson married Fosdyke 1818 had been claimed by another Thomas Wilson from Bardney. Do you think you can help me, many thanks, Trevena

Hi Trevena,
    Yes, I'm inclined to agree that the Thomas Wilson who married Elizabeth Jackson in Fosdyke in 1818 was the one who says on the census that he comes from Bardney.
    Reasons:
    1841 census there is an Eliza aged 20 in the family.
    1851 census, no Eliza at home, but a John Butler, mariner, son-in-law.
    FreeBMD marriages June 1846 Eliza Wilson and John Butler on the same page, and doubly confirmed by Lincs 1837+ marriage index
    1851 census Eliza Butler, mariner's wife, born Fosdyke, living in Boston, with 2 children plus Arabella Jackson, cousin.
    More to follow later (if I remember - brain like a colander at the moment!) but sadly must attend to housework as people are coming.
    Pam

DISCUSSION RE THIS MARRIAGE NOW CONTINUED IN THREAD "Parish records for Moulton, St Mary's, Whaplode"
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 03-04-2007 at 10:14 AM.

bumblebee

bookmarking to keep the thread

Bumblebee.x

Hello there, Jekyll Wilson was my Great Great Great Great Great Grandfather. He was a carpenter that lived in Boston, Lincs.

Hello WilsonsFosdyke,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

I don't know if you noticed the date of this thread (2006) and since then whitbread has left the forum - as shown by the word 'guest' under her username. We have no means of contacting her, because once an account is closed all data including email addresses is deleted.

If you have a further query about Jekyll, or would just like to add a little more information about him, please feel free to add to this thread.

Alternatively, if you have a query about another of your ancestors, post it in a relevant forum and our sleuths will see what they can find for you.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12