Randall Jones

Question The Baugh family of the Stonehouse Aldon Court 1650 to 1800

I am interested to gather information relating to the Baugh family of the Stonehouse Aldon in the years 1600 to 1800.

I am in possession of the Parish register of Stokesay and am able to identify ancestors back to Rowland Baugh Esq b.abt 1657 d.1668.

He married Mary Folliott at Onibury in 1692.

Mary Folliott was born in Inchmacsaint Ballyshannon Donegal Ireland, daughter of 2nd Lord Thomas Folliott of Ballyshannon.

Mary died in 1738, her passing is recorded along with her husband in the Stokesay Parish register.

Rowland Baugh is described in this register as 'Armiger'.

The Stonehouse of 'Aldon' remains part of the family estate for some generations up to the 1800's and is subject of an Act of Parliament in the 1750's in relation to settlement and sale by one Thomas Folliott Baugh b.1717 d.1757 grandson of Rowland Baugh.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has knowledge of Aldon and Stokesay in this time frame, and has knowledge where records may survive
    that pertain to the this prominent Gent, his Stonehouse estate or his Ancestors.

I have limited understanding of the title Squire, how it was bestowed or how it was passed on and am unable to trace the Baugh's of Aldon, further without better particulars.

However, I find the family of Baugh, mentioned in the Heraldic Visitations of Gloucestershire, and that marriage occurrs betwen the Baugh's and Folliott's in earlier times...... perhaps there is a link to follow here.

The descendants of this Baugh family include;

Rowland Baugh Esq d.1668 Stonehouse Ludlow
    Thomas Baugh Esq d.1746 Stonehouse Ludlow
    Thomas Folliott Baugh Esq d.1757 Stonehouse Ludlow
    Job Walker baugh Esq d.1817 Stonehouse Ludlow
    Rev Job Walker Baugh d.1838 Diddlebury
    Admiral Thomas Folliott Baugh d.1857 Exeter
    Capt Henry Baugh d.1854 Exeter
    Gen Charles Richard Baugh d.1891 Exeter
    Lieut Henry Baugh d.1846 Exeter
    Gen Folliott Walker Baugh d.1900 Biships Castle
    Col Bempde Henry Baugh d.unk Exeter
    Col George Johnstone Baugh d.1924 Exeter
    Maj Mackenzie Walcott Baugh

Keeping fingers crossed

Regards
    Randall.J

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default list of baughs from stokesay parish

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Jones View Post
    I am interested to gather information relating to the Baugh family of the Stonehouse Aldon in the years 1600 to 1800.

I am in possession of the Parish register of Stokesay and am able to identify ancestors back to Rowland Baugh Esq b.abt 1657 d.1668.

He married Mary Folliott at Onibury in 1692.

Mary Folliott was born in Inchmacsaint Ballyshannon Donegal Ireland, daughter of 2nd Lord Thomas Folliott of Ballyshannon.

Mary died in 1738, her passing is recorded along with her husband in the Stokesay Parish register.

Rowland Baugh is described in this register as 'Armiger'.

The Stonehouse of 'Aldon' remains part of the family estate for some generations up to the 1800's and is subject of an Act of Parliament in the 1750's in relation to settlement and sale by one Thomas Folliott Baugh b.1717 d.1757 grandson of Rowland Baugh.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has knowledge of Aldon and Stokesay in this time frame, and has knowledge where records may survive
    that pertain to the this prominent Gent, his Stonehouse estate or his Ancestors.

I have limited understanding of the title Squire, how it was bestowed or how it was passed on and am unable to trace the Baugh's of Aldon, further without better particulars.

However, I find the family of Baugh, mentioned in the Heraldic Visitations of Gloucestershire, and that marriage occurrs betwen the Baugh's and Folliott's in earlier times...... perhaps there is a link to follow here.

The descendants of this Baugh family include;

Rowland Baugh Esq d.1668 Stonehouse Ludlow
    Thomas Baugh Esq d.1746 Stonehouse Ludlow
    Thomas Folliott Baugh Esq d.1757 Stonehouse Ludlow
    Job Walker baugh Esq d.1817 Stonehouse Ludlow
    Rev Job Walker Baugh d.1838 Diddlebury
    Admiral Thomas Folliott Baugh d.1857 Exeter
    Capt Henry Baugh d.1854 Exeter
    Gen Charles Richard Baugh d.1891 Exeter
    Lieut Henry Baugh d.1846 Exeter
    Gen Folliott Walker Baugh d.1900 Biships Castle
    Col Bempde Henry Baugh d.unk Exeter
    Col George Johnstone Baugh d.1924 Exeter
    Maj Mackenzie Walcott Baugh

Keeping fingers crossed

Regards
    Randall.J
    mr r jones
    if you are still interested i have a list of what i believe are ALL the occurrences of the Baugh name in the registers of Stokesay Parish Church starting with Thomas and Johanna Baughe married jan. 17 1565

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default registers of stokesay parish

Mr Jones
    I have a list of all the occurrences of the Baugh name from the registers of Stokesay Parish
    and i have a family tree that goes pretty far back and has a Rowland Baugh of Stonehouse Salop marrying Harriett (possibly Mary) Folliott daughter of Thomas Folliott second Lord Folliott around 1670.
    let me know if you are still interested :
    kbaugh AT centennialcollege DOT ca
    Ken Baugh
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 25-06-2020 at 8:22 PM. Reason: Eail address disguised to deter spammers

It's kind of you to try and help with this thread, Ken, but Randall Jones is no longer a member of Brit Gen. That's why the line under his name just shows him as a guest. When people leave, their information is deleted.