Loves to help with queries

Default The Swan Inn - Llanrhaeadr & Llangedwyn

I'm looking for a family connection to The Swan Inn which was located in Pentrefelin on the B4396 highway between Llanrhaeadr in the west and Llangedwyn in the east. My grandmother's sister Jane Parry (b 1884) married Jack Cartmail (b 1882) in 1914 and at onetime they owned The Swan Inn. I would expect they had it between the 1920s to perhaps the early 1940s. Does any of this ring a bell with anyone? Is the Swan Inn still there or does it have another name or is it gone?

Default Swan Inn Pentrefelin, Llanrhaiadr, Denbigh

I have more confirmed information that the Swan Inn did exist and my ancestors are connected to it. My great grandfather, Robert Parry died at the Swan Inn, Pentrefelin, Llanrhaiadr, Denbigh, Llansillin R.D. on July 22, 1927. His death is registered in the District of Llanfyllin, Llanrhaiadr, County of Montgomery. I hope this added information may help pinpoint the time and location of the Swan Inn. It was also managed by Robert Parry's daughter Jane and her husband John (Jack) Cartmail. I know I've had this up on the forum for a long time but I keep hoping it will ring a bell.

I think I have found the Swan Inn. It is just east of Pentrefelin on the south side of the road. It appears to be a row of 4 attached town houses. The eastern most unit has white trim around the windows and the other 3 units have brown trim around the windows and doors. There is a shrub garden in front with a wooden fence and a small metal gate. Now I have to figure out which one was the Swan Inn or was all units part of the Swan Inn?