Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Darren McCabe

Default Alex Sloan

Hello, I an a descendant of Alex Sloan, who resided in Oak Bay, New Brunswick, Canada, which was is in St. David Parish. He was born in 1868, died 1941. Wife's name was Maude. They are both buried in the Oak Bay Rural Cemetery.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Sloan/e

Quote Originally Posted by valerie coleman View Post
    Hi - i'm trying to find a Charles Sloan who was born in Ireland some time before 1800 (don't know the exact date but assume it's around the 1780/1790 mark). Apparently he came from Kilkeen?? in County Down. As far as I know there are three sons, Bernard born c1818, John born c1816 and Frances born c1820. I can't seem to find any online records for Ireland and he doesn't appear in LDS either. Does anyone know what my next option would be (apart from visiting the record office in Belfast).
    = Peter Sloane born Haltwhistle Northumberland where my Great grandfather Francis Sloane died.I believe Francis had brothers Bernard and John from Northern Ireland we visited Kilkeel Kilbroney in 2011 hoping to find more information but couldn’t
    We have not found Francis and Dinah’s marriage cert either. I would love to hear from you with further info. I have family tree up to my Great grand father . Bill Sloan of Norway is related to the other brother Bernard.
    My email address is sloane.pc@gmail .com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12