Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Ian trying to upload narrate Certificate...it won't let me

To upload an image to the forums the first step is to make sure that you are in Go Advanced mode on the Brit-Gen thread where you want to place the photo. Click on the picture frame in the row of images above the reply box. (6 from the RH side. The box that appears requires a URL address.
    You have to upload your photo to a free site which will provide a URL address. I use Postimage which is very simple.
    On the home page of Postimage click on 'Choose images' then find and click on the file you want to upload where you have the photo stored on your computer eg Pictures. Then click on the particular folder that holds your picture and Open it. Choose your photo, click on it and click on Open. You are now taken back to the Postimage page where you are given a choice of 9 links. Click on the URL 'Hotlink for forum' Now right click on the URL address and then click on Copy. Go back to the reply box on the Brit-Gen thread and in the URL box right click on your mouse and from the menu click on paste. The URL for your photo is now ready to be posted on the forum along with any information you have typed in to accompany it.
    I hope I have explained this clearly enough for you to have a go. There are other free sites from which to upload images.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

He is dead
    Dob 8.1.1883
    Adress 10 Eccleston Road South shields
    Daughter... Deborah manson dob 1.1.1921

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you... iam on my phone and still cannot upload

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum, Kayleigh.
    It would probably be a good idea if you included more information about your grandparents so that they stand out from the crowd. When were they alive, that sort of thing.
    Ok i will once ive found out more thanks

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

My great great grandfather was called david manson his wife was called syliva manson although my nanna hasnt confirmed that yet... lived in south shields tyne and wear..thay had a few children including Deborah dennison was manson iam waiting for names etc...he lived at 10 elizabeth road has an aqaintence with a robert Marshall as hr was witness to the Marriage of james and debroah dennison on 3 rd jan 1948 at st Michael's Church south Westoe County Boraugh of south shields

Quote Originally Posted by Kayleigh walker View Post
    He is dead
    Dob 8.1.1883
    Adress 10 Eccleston Road South shields
    Daughter... Deborah manson dob 1.1.1921
    Hi Kayleigh,

To start the search off.

Births Jan - Mar 1921
    Manson Deborah, Mother's maiden name Moyse S.Shields 10a 1644

Marriages Sep 1905
    MANSON David S.Shields 10a 1353
    MOYSE Deborah Maria S. Shields 10a 1353

1911, 17 Lowthian St Walker ED 19; Piece 30791
    David Manson 28, coal miner, born South Shields
    Deborah M Manson 26, married 6yrs, children born alive 4, 1 died. born Tyne Dock
    Elizabeth B Manson 5, South Shields
    John T Manson 2yrs 11 months, Walker, Northumberland
    Norah Manson 6/12, Walker.

From David's service papers from WW1, Regimental Number: 52993, attested 10th Nov 1914, age 31yrs 11 months. : marriage to Deborah Maria Moyse St Michael's Sept 2nd 1905, witnesses? Hyde, Maggie Larrison. David was awarded the 1914-15 star.
    Children: Elizabeth Brown 13/8/1905, John Thomas 30/4/1908, Norah 14/10/1910, Mary Ann 13/4/1912.
    Deborah Maria was living 95, Alfred St, South Shields.

1939 Register. 10, Eccleston Road. David Manson 8/1/1883, coal miner (stonework) below; Deborah M 31/7/1884, Norah 14/10/1910. Norah's record has been annotated, change of name to Austin, suggesting she married a Mr Austin.
    Alma

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum, Kayleigh.
    It would probably be a good idea if you included more information about your grandparents so that they stand out from the crowd. When were they alive, that sort of thing.
    Hi ive gotten more information
    David manson dob 8.1.1883 married debroah manson lived in south shields durham thay went on to have 11 children
    Names are
    Richard manson
    Peter manson
    Elizabeth manson
    Norha manson
    Syliva manson
    Debroah manson
    George manson
    James manson
    Mary manson

Iam still waiting for rest of names

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you alma

Quote Originally Posted by Kayleigh walker View Post
    Thank you alma
    Kayleigh, I appreciate your thanks, however, please can you say whether you have an interest in family history and expanding on what has been found as I don't want to do further searching if your interest is only in making contact with other living Manson's.
    Alma

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast