Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cmcmull

Default Skirbeck Burials

Does anyone know if there is a list of memorials at St Nicholas Skirbeck and if there is a memorial for William Sutton who was buried there in Oct 1880.
    Thanks

Fiona67

I think there must be because I have ancestors buried there and they are listed on the National Burial Index. I will look that up for you (I only have the first edition) if that would help

Fiona

Fiona67

Checked the NBI.....your William Sutton is listed there as being buried at St Nicholas Skirbeck on 5 October 1880 age 73..don't know if that helps you at all

Fiona

A fountain of knowledge.

Family History Online has some MIs for Lincolnshire. Unfortunatly the database is offline at present while they correct some errors. I dont know if Skirbeck is covered but its a possible option once its back up and running.
    I will be paying a flying visit to Boston on 24th/25th September, but unfortunatly Ill be seeing my uncle off, and I think its highly unlikely (especially being car-less) that Ill be able to find time to go to Skirbeck. HOWEVER my cousin is going to the funeral, and her parents are buried there. I will take a note of your details with me and ask her if she would mind doing a bit of research on your behalf. I can make no promises here, mind you, I can only ask her.

Yours
    Ann.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

The MIs have been transcribed, and I'm pretty certain that there is a copy in a folder in the reference section of Boston library.
    There is also a copy at the SoG where, if my cold improves, I will be going tomorrow.
    Watch this space
    Pam

A fountain of knowledge.

Pam, thats a great idea! If you dont manage to turn up trumps tomorrow, Im sure I can get to Boston library for a quick check as its only just off the Market Place.
    And your right, I was forgetting the enormous pile of Lincs MI transcription folders in the SoG. Been a long time since I was there.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hi Ann,
    Sorry, it's on your shoulders now. My cold developed into the full-blown lurgy, so I haven't even been out of the front door today, let alone thought about the SoG.
    Pam

A fountain of knowledge.

awww Pam, how awful get well soon.

Im sure we will be able to find time to pop into the library, and have a snoop around. After all, it wouldnt be the first time!!
    Maybe Ill nip in there while mum nips to Bycrofts and gets some of their delicious Lincolnshire sausages and haslet. hehehe.

Watch this space 26th/27th. (Not sure when exactly we are coming back).

cmcmull

Default cmcmull

Hi Ann and Pam
    Thanks for offer of help. Sorry to hear about the flu Pam. I have hardly ever used this forum or any forum for that matter so hope this goes to correct place. I envy you being able to talk about visiting these research places. If only I'd known enough to start research when I was in living in England in 1978. I am in Australia but actually worked in The Strand in London near St Catherine's house and Somerset House. If only!! Maybe someday I will get back there but for now any help on monumental inscriptions at Skirbeck will be greatly appreciated.
    Best Wishes
    Carmel

A fountain of knowledge.

Well its a certainty now (barring disasters) I spoke to mum and we are going to "have a wander into town" on Monday morning, before the funeral. She is going to nip to Bycrofts (yummy) and to the Stump to see if she can find a second copy of a book she bought there last time, and Im going to nip to the library and have a shufty through the Skirbeck MIs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast