Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A fountain of knowledge.

Well I did manage to pop into Boston library, and I do have the results of the search for an MI for William Sutton.

Unfortunatly, there is no gravestone recorded for a William Sutton.
    However, there may be a relative of his who DOES have an MI recorded:

George Sutton d.04.07.1935 aged 84 years and Eliza Catherine Sutton d.08.02.1913 aged 79 years.

I just had time to peek at the Cemetery MI book, and there is no William Sutton there either, although there is a handful of Suttons there. I did not, Im afraid, have time to note them all.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Ann

Default Skirbeck burials

Thanks Ann for all your help.
    George isn't anywhere in my files I'm sorry to say. I thought he may have been one of his brothers descendants but not listed anywhere there but I will keep the details just in case he fits in somewhere later. My Sutton family moved around a lot and William's wife is buried in Donington where a daughter was living when she died 35 years later. I suppose they didn't think it important to have a headstone if they weren't going to be there to visit the grave.
    Best Wishes
    Carmel

A fountain of knowledge.

hmmm. Im sure I remember reading somewhere that Skirbeck church and yard was restored at some point in the last century or so, and that a bit of grave clearance may have gone on. Its possible if his grave appeared untended, and the stone was broken or something, it was simply cleared away. Ill have a hunt through some of my "Boston" books and see what I can find out about St Nicholas, as I am sure I read that about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12