daryn davies

Red face Matthias Davies Of Pentrefelin,wrexham

I Have Reached An Impass In Relation To Tracing My Famil Tree. For I Have Discovered That My Greatx3 Grandparents Were Matthias Davies Born C1815 And Jane Brown Born C1815, However, I Am Unable To Trace When And Where He Died. As Far As I Am Aware He Died Prior To The 1851 Wales Census(at The Time He And His Family Where Living At Pentrefelin In The Wrexham Abbot Area), Between 1845 And 1851. I Assume He Died In The Wrexham Area, But Where Was He Buried?. I Am Also Looking At When The Both Got Married. I Assume It Would Be Between 1832 And 1836.
    If Anyone Has Any Possible Relevant Records, I Would Be Grateful If You Could Search Through Them For Me.

Many Thanks,
    Daryn

anedw

Hi
    Daryn I hope you are still around. I have found a will dated 1840 of a Sydney Davies, she mentions her grandson Mathias Davies, and she leaves property in Pentrefelin to him.
    When you get back I`ll give you more details.

Loves to help with queries

If you are referring to Pentrefelin west of Llangedwyn on Hwy 84396 I would suggest you checkout the burial records of the Parish Church in Llangedwyn.

anedw

Thanks - but this Pentrefelin is an area in Wrexham. Between Belle Vue Park and the new Island Green shopping centre.

Loves to help with queries

Is it possible Matthias has another christian name like John? I found a John Davies who married Jane Brown Mar. 11, 1841 in Liverpool, Lancashire. This was the only Jane Brown I could find who married a man with the surname Davies between 1833 and 1845 in the region. I hope this maybe helpful.