genealogica

Post Single Family Of Somerset

I would be interested to hear from anyone researching family connections to the above surname - particularly Somerset and West Country - but also any other UK or worldwide instances.

More than happy to exchange information from my database

Burrow Digger

You might want to mention specific dates, names and places to get any replies. Even a family you may have from a census record. A starting point really helps to make connections.

BD

genealogica

This is such a rare surname that any reference would be of interest anywhere in the West Country

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by genealogica View Post
    I would be interested to hear from anyone researching family connections to the above surname - particularly Somerset and West Country - but also any other UK or worldwide instances.

More than happy to exchange information from my database

I am also looking for the single family in walcot st swithins somerset, any help would be greatfully appreciated

As was said in the earlier post, you are more likely to get help with specific enquires. Who, when, where, that sort of thing.
    It also helps to know where you have looked. It’s very discouraging when someone spends time helping, only to be answered with “I knew about that one”!

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    As was said in the earlier post, you are more likely to get help with specific enquires. Who, when, where, that sort of thing.
    It also helps to know where you have looked. It’s very discouraging when someone spends time helping, only to be answered with “I knew about that one”!

My relatives as far as i can get back are edward davis and jane single, married st swithins, walcot 1815.
    i know nothing else about the single family, I have checked census' in the future to see if it will lead me backwards thats all i know

I can only find 1 child, Edward born 26 Oct 1818 to Edward & Jane, father was a labourer. Is that your family?

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    I can only find 1 child, Edward born 26 Oct 1818 to Edward & Jane, father was a labourer. Is that your family?
    thank you, thats them,

Knowledgeable and helpful

For those unfamiliar with the area, Walcot is part of Bath. It would be wise to include other Bath parishes. pwholt