Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home

Question brown family portsmouth,england

can somebody help me find louisa brown born1842? parents john brown,mariner,jane brown nee griffith ,any help appreciated.

Brick wall demolition expert! ChristineR's Avatar

Do you know when/if she came to Australia? when she married? this will help when someone tries to find her on any census entries and save them trying to find her when she has already arrived in Aus.

Or are you looking for her in Australia?

Christine

Starting to feel at home

Hello, British Gen members,
    not sure if this is the correct place to put this, marriage certificate ,
    It is my GG grandmothers second marriage, i am not sure of my GG Grandmothers maiden name, here, i am trying to find when she arrived in Australia, i have been unable to find this out this is my brick wall, any help appreciated, thank you in advance David

Hello David.
    I can't read the marriage certificate even when I use magnify (just makes it more blurry) On a certificate for a second marrriage it should give Louisa's surname from her first marriage and her maiden name.
    Where did she marry for the first time? In Australia?England? Who was her first husband?
    I found this 1851 census which fits the details you gave.
    HO107 Piece 1665 Folio 453 Page 11
    High Street Yarmouth
    John Brown 37 Mariner born Cowes Isle of Wight
    Jane Brown 39 wife straw bonnet maker Freshwater IOW
    Mary Jane Brown 12 Freshwater
    Louisa Ann Brown 10 Yarmouth IOW
    Juliana Brown 8 Yarmouth
    Leonara Brown 5 Yarmouth
    Henry John Brown 2 Yarmouth

Umm I don't think this can be your family because according to trees on ancestry Louisa's mother is Jane Sargeant not Jane Griffith's. Where did you get Jane's maiden name from?
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Starting to feel at home

Hi Christine, thank you for your time and patience , with my query,louisa's maiden name from her first marriage is walker,Is there any way in this forum ,that i can enlarge the certificate please? on the certificate it states that her maiden name was i think as far as i can make out is Griffith.Loiusa married(?) for the first time in western Australia, King George Sound, , unfortunately i have never been able to find any record of this marriage,to Levi Walker.(the convict, prisoner 1501 on the Dudbrook)

Hello David
    I amnot at all savvy about enlarging images. One of our members may be able to help but meanwhile I have gone in to the BG boiler room to see if our techies can help.

For now how about just typing out everything it says in each column? That will give us something to start working with.

Christanel
    William Burroughs

Starting to feel at home

When and were married,4th May1877, Office of the registrar,for marriages,Gore street Fitzroy(victoria)Name and surname of the parties,Thomas Denning,Bachelor ,Birthplace,Woolwich England,Rank or profession,-Hawker, age30,Residence ,present-melbourne,usual Melbourne,Names Mothers,maiden names-John Denning,Esther Denning maiden nameClemdenning, Father's rank or Profession-Soldier.
    Louisa Walker-Widow(1875)-children -7,rank or profession-Housekeeper, age 35,Residence, present Melbourne,usual- Melbourne-Names Mother's maiden name -John Brown ,Jane Brown maiden name Griffith?Father's rank or profession
    Mariner, Witness-Elizabeth Watson? Isabella (Kinford-Kurford?) thank you Christine, regards David

Hello David
    Sue Mackay, a moderator of long standing, who knows just where everything is on Brit-Gen has provided this link Here for an alternative method of loading/viewing images.

Christanel
    William Burroughs

Starting to feel at home

Thank you Christanel and Sue Mackay for your help very much appreciated ,david

Starting to feel at home

Smile Marriage certificate Louisa walker 2nd time

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast