sapdon

Default Robinson Bowness-on-Windermere

My grandmother was b Emma Robinson in Windermere.

Parents were William Robinson b Over Staveley 1848 and Euphemia Mason b Kemback, Fife, Scotland 1850.

I am looking for descendants of her brothers David R b 1875 , I know nothing about him;

and John R b c.1880 (he was in London 1901 Census - St Marylebone, Drapers Asst). I think he became Director of the Binns store group in 1930s/40s.
    I think had 3 sons, John R (possibly Binns), Raymond R (Rio Tinto Zinc) and Douglas R (a GP in Sunderland);

third brother William (Billy) R m Edith Feirn, no children;
    but her sister had a daughter Kathleen (?Waterhouse), who married a Thomas Marshall, builder of Kendal.

Any information gratefully received.

Don M

sapdon

Default ROBINSON Bowness and Kendal Areas, and HORSFALL.

gg grandmother Emma Robinson (unmarried when g grandfather William R was b 1848), married James Horsfall of Kendal, 15/11/1851. They had I believe at least 5 children, Mary b 1852, James b 1856, Jane 1856 and Elizabeth and Charlotta b 1858.

Elizabeth married a George Thomas Baynes in 1880 at Kendal.

Has anyone more information, please.

Don Marshall

sapdon

Default Douglas Robinson b 1916.

My grandmother was b Emma Robinson in Windermere.

Parents were William Robinson b Over Staveley 1848 and Euphemia Mason b Kemback, Fife, Scotland 1850.

I am looking for descendants of her brothers David R b 1875 , I know nothing about him;

and John R b c.1880 (he was in London 1901 Census - St Marylebone, Drapers Asst). I think he became Director of the Binns store group in 1930s/40s.
    I think had 3 sons, John R (possibly Binns), Raymond R (Rio Tinto Zinc) and Bennett Douglas R (a GP in Sunderland), married Isabella McCleary (b Sunderland) in 1942;

third brother William (Billy) R m Edith Feirn, no children;
    but her sister had a daughter Kathleen (?Waterhouse), who married a Thomas Marshall, builder of Kendal.

Any further information gratefully received.

Don M[/QUOTE]

Knowledgeable and helpful warncoort's Avatar

I take it you have their birth details from freebmd so next step is census check and look for relevant marriages then births.

Brick wall demolition expert!

As a initial foray into looking for your Robinsons, presuming this is the family in 1891 and 1901

1891: RG12 Piece: 4329 Folio: 92 Page: 1 (crown copyright, care of the TNA)

1901: RG13 Piece: 4907 Folio: 123 Page: 4 (crown copyright, care of the TNA)

I would guess that this is son John Robinson in the 1911 census in Sunderland...

1911: RG14/30183 SN167

Possibly son William Robinson in Lancashire...

1911: RG14/23949 SN96

You may also want to check out William and Euphemia Robinson in the 1911 census, since they state how many children they had and how many died.

1911: RG14/31612 SN293

sapdon

Now found youngest son of John Robinson (1880) - he is actually Dr Bennett Douglas Robinson b 1916; qualified 1941, MB BS Uviv of Durham (ie actually Univ Coll Newcastle), m Jun 1942 Isabella Mc Cleary, Durham NE; in 1955 was a GP at Grindon, Sunderland.

I need more info on this family..... my nearest relations on my father's side!