Chubbler

Default Thomas Owen/Owens

Hello,
    I am searching for anybody who may have a similiar interest in a Thomas Owen or Owens in the Snowdonia area born 1890c. I have some information re him and family but am unable to confirm his date of birth despite trying numerous paths. If anyone else is researching the same family I would be extremely grateful to hear from them.
    Many thanks
    Chubbler

Chubbler

Smile

Hi Following on from the previous post re Thomas Owens, I am hopeful (as always) that I may include the name Pugh in this family and again request that anyone researching these names in the Penhryn area could be interested ad reply.
    Thanks Chubbler

Betty Willson

Chubbler, My grandfather Wiliam Pugh was born 1864 at Talybont, Geneurglyn, Aberwystwyth. I have his family names etc. I guess there are millions of Pughs in Wales but one never knows, he might be related to your Pughs. What do you think? Betty Willson

Chubbler

Smile

Hello Betty Wilson,
    I have Jane Pugh b 1851c in Penhryndeudraeth, fathers name William, (place of birth unknown) she married, in 1877 Thomas Owens, thats about as far as I have got at the moment. I am awaiting two certificates that hopefully will tell me more!
    Chubbler

Betty Willson

Chubber, My great grandfather Isaac Pugh was born c. 1826 in Radnorshire. (I got that information off the 1861 census) and died 1865 at Talybont, Cynnullmawr. His children were James Pugh b. 1857, Mary Ann Pugh b. 1860, John Pugh b. 1862 and my grandfather William Pugh b. 1864. My grandfather came to Australia 1886. It seems a different Pugh family to yours but maybe not. Please let me know if you find any connection. Betty Willson

Bookman

Smile THOMAS OWEN

Dear Chubbler
    I know this is about 2 years late, but I have just joined and been looking at entries in Merionethshire.
    I'm not sure that I have anything specifically helpful, but I have recently been introduced to the Dictionary of Welsh Biography, which is on-line:
    https://wbo.llgc.org.uk/

If this link does not get you there, look it up on google. You can search for an entry under OWEN and see lots of them listed. However, you can also seek the name OWEN anywhere in the text. I have already used this resource and been amazed at how many links to my family I have found.

I hope you find it useful - I'm sure it will be interesting.
    Last edited by Bookman; 07-11-2007 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Misspelt.