janbooth

Default Ann LAST nee BARRELL of Winfarthing

Is anyone researching BARRELLs who has an Ann in their tree who married Matthew LAST in Winfarthing on 30th June 1794. They had 2 children, Harriet bap 1st April 1798 and Martha bap 19th April 1795. Martha married Robert DIXON 25th Oct 1813 in Winfarthing. Harriet married my 3xg grandfather Thomas DOVER in Newnham, Hertfordshire 4th Dec 1821. Ann was buried 15th January 1815 in Winfarthing aged 46 so would have been born circa 1769. However, she was not baptised in Winfarthing, nor was she baptised in Burston, Gissing, Tibenham, Old Buckenham or Diss as far as I could see from the Parish Records. Any help would be gratefully received.
    Thanks in advance,

Janet Booth.

Geoffers

Is anyone researching BARRELLs who has an Ann in their tree who married Matthew LAST in Winfarthing on 30th June 1794. They had 2 children, Harriet bap 1st April 1798 and Martha bap 19th April 1795....Ann was buried 15th January 1815 in Winfarthing aged 46 so would have been born circa 1769. However, she was not baptised in Winfarthing, nor was she baptised in Burston, Gissing, Tibenham, Old Buckenham or Diss]

A search of the 1851 Norfolk census for BARREL(L)/BURREL(L) born anywhere near to Winfarthing brings up just two entries

HO107/1821 f62 p27
    Alburgh
    Robert BARRELL, Head, Mar, 66, Ag Lab, Brockdish-Nfk
    Esther BARRELL, Wife, Mar, 51, Topcroft-Nfk

HO107/1821 f62 p27
    Alburgh
    Thomas BARRELL, Head, Mar, 36, Ag Lab, Brockdish-Nfk
    Hannah BARRELL, Wife, Mar, 49, Laundress, Bungay-Suf

Brockdish is about 7-8 miles SE of Winfarthing, so not a great distance away. It migth be worth checking the registers when you get a chance. I'd also suggest looknig at the Land Tax Returns 1798 transcribed and indexed for the NFHS. This may show a contemporary spread of teh surname in south Norfolk and so help you home in on parishes worth a check.

Geoffers
    Charlbury, Oxfordshire

janbooth

Default BARRELLs of Winfarthing

Thanks once again Geoffers - your suggestions and help so far have been great and given me different avenues to explore. I will investigate further along the lines you suggest!

Janet.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by janbooth View Post
    Is anyone researching BARRELLs who has an Ann in their tree who married Matthew LAST in Winfarthing on 30th June 1794. They had 2 children, Harriet bap 1st April 1798 and Martha bap 19th April 1795. Martha married Robert DIXON 25th Oct 1813 in Winfarthing. Harriet married my 3xg grandfather Thomas DOVER in Newnham, Hertfordshire 4th Dec 1821. Ann was buried 15th January 1815 in Winfarthing aged 46 so would have been born circa 1769. However, she was not baptised in Winfarthing, nor was she baptised in Burston, Gissing, Tibenham, Old Buckenham or Diss as far as I could see from the Parish Records. Any help would be gratefully received.
    Thanks in advance,

Janet Booth.
    Hello, I understand this post is rather dated. However I am tracing Harriet last and her family and any information is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums C50wah
    Janet Booth hasn't been on the forums since early 2018 but if she is using the same email address will probably receive notification of your post and answer your query re Harriet Last
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

janbooth

Hello Claire,

Lovely to hear from you and I do have a reasonable amount of information on Harriet LAST going back another 3 generations on her father's side but am still no further forward on her maternal line. If you would like to send me your email address via a private message, I will let you know what information I have.

Janet