Dark Knight

Question Joseph Hughes, Knighton

Hi there!

Just wondering if anyone has any details on my great great grandfather, Joseph Hughes, who was born in Knighton c. 1880's. He moved to Northamptonshire at some point but as far as I know he had been a butcher in Knighton. We've not got any details of his parents; all we know really is that he married a lady named Kate Cox.
    If anyone's got any details I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance!
    Tim Hughes

Julie Tyrell

Hi,

Do you know roughly the years that Joseph and Kate's children were born and where?
    This will possibly help to narrow down the search time to find a marriage certificate.

Julie

Melissa Jones

Besides the marriage certificate of Joseph and Kate, you might also want to try the 1881 and 1891 census records for Knighton.

Melissa

Dark Knight

Smile thanks for replies!!

Hello again!

Thanks for the replies! I'll find out a bit more then post again. I've not got much to go on really but I'll try to unearth something.
    I'll be back!

Tim

Dark Knight

Lightbulb Back again!

Hello again!
    Ive managed to get a few more details on Joseph Hughes - as far as I know he's the Joseph Hughes who is on the 1881 census as being from Llanbadarnfawr, Radnorshire. Apparently he was aged 3, so we've then got a birth year of 1878.
    His father was James Hughes who lived at Woodhouse, Llanbadarnfawr (born in 1843). He was a agricultural labourer which would fit with his son becoming a butcher.
    Anyway, I hope this helps. If you've got any other suggestions I'd be very grateful.
    Thanks, Tim